Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working!

renegade69

Hi, 

I am in the process of building a home cockpit and while working out which buttons i will need for systems i intend to install, i found that with most my payware aircraft the keyboard shortcut keys werent working (they do with some default planes but no payware) for example: in the joystick and equipment menu i programmed the "battery toggle" to the letter B key but it had no effect on the plane when pressed. Why is this? and is there a way to reprogram the plane to respond to key commands as it should?

Thanks.

Rene' from Aviation Nation group on Facebook

Rene, there are several reasons why a remappped command might not work on a custom programmed add-on.   The most likely reason is that a developer uses a custom dataref for a switch/button and executing a default command does not change their switch by default.  It CAN be made to move a switch though in code and is the responsibility of the aircraft author to program in that type of functionality....it it not something you have control of as a user, the developer must provide the functionality for you.  As an FYI,  a developer has two options here, 1.)  provide a custom command which you have to select or 2.)  Re-write the default behavior of a default command to work their custom datarefs.  Whichever they provide should be conveyed in their product documentation, especially if their methods/commands deviate from 'x-plane default'

Tom Kyler

Edited by tkyler