[CLOSED] Saab 340 manuals for download

Emalice

Hi.

Ok, the Saab 340 looks like a fantastic piece of work as well as being a wonderful aircraft. I am very seriously considering buying it.

As a seasoned customer however, I like to get a precise idea of what it is I am getting before I proceed with the purchase, especially in that price range.

To that intent, can the manuals be made available for free download somewhere ?

I know that reading the CRJ200 manual from Javier's website is what made me go ahead and buy the aircraft. I am not sure I would have spent that much on an aircraft just from the promotional videos* which, beautiful as they may be, are really not very informative.

Thank you in advance.

E.

* by the way, what is it with the take command series promotional videos and the cheap dance music ;-D

Jrollon.com DID have the manuals for the CRJ, i know because I spent 3 weeks reading those before buying the aircraft.

So, the reason why i'd love a chance to look at the manual before buying is not to assess the quality of said manual. I have no doubt that they are very well made and to the point and I am actually counting on that: unless there is a demo version around, reading the manual is the best way of knowing what you're in for.

Let's say that the information given about the aircraft on the product page is a good flyer. Now that I am interested I want to know more, the manual would make a great brochure.

Thank you for considering it.

E.

Jrollon.com DID have the manuals for the CRJ, i know because I spent 3 weeks reading those before buying the aircraft.

There are three manuals for the CRJ. As I said, one was left out, and remains that way today. Considering I released that aircraft, I'm quite privy to the situation.

Thank you for considering it.

Sure!

There are three manuals for the CRJ. As I said, one was left out, and remains that way today. Considering I released that aircraft, I'm quite privy to the situation.

Ok, this is starting to sound like a pointless argument, but I hate being told I'm wrong when I'm not :-P . I have to apologize as I don't know what you call the "primary manual". What I do know is that I just went to Javier's personnal website (http://www.jrollon.com/CRJ.html) and downloaded a 150 pages manual for the CRJ200, detailing cockpit layout and systems, as well as a 54 pages long tutorial, detailing procedures. Those two manuals are the same I downloaded a long time ago as I was considering buying that aircraft. 

What really matters here is that being able to read those manuals gives the potential buyer a full sense of the depth of simulation of systems, procedures, elements of the cockpit that are functional rather than just painted (I do hate those buttons that cannot be clicked). I hope you can be sensitive to those arguments, they are quite an important part of why we fly simulations.

Thank you again.

E.

Edited by Emalice

but again the third and more important manual is left out of those downloads as I have said. :)

But again, comparing my manuals folder on my CRJ install and what is available from http://www.jrollon.com/CRJ.html I see that what was left out were the "remote-cdu-howto", the 6 pages "addendum" and the 25 pages "pilot-handbook". The latter contains checklists, some charts and the performance data. Just in an effort to help me in the future, is that then what your refer to as being "the primary manual" and "the third and more important manual" ?

If so, I'll be more than content with any non-primary and less important manuals for the saab340. Once you are done considering, of course :-)

E.

Edited by Emalice

@Emalice- The level of detail that was put into the 209 page manual is amazing and very well done. The amount of time they put into this is worth more than a free download. 

I was really on your side of making the Docs free until I bought the plane and started looking at the 5 Docs that came with it. If your on the fence about buying the plane and the manual is what hold you back, don't let it. Buy the plane, you will not regret the $54 spent.

If you really must read up on the Saab 340a, just google Saab 340a flight manual and read through a real life one. Or watch the Youtube video of the real Saab 340. This is how realistic LES / X- aviation's Saab 340a is.

Bottom line, I don't blame them for not wanting to give the manual out for free.

• Upvote 1

The amount of time they put into this is worth more than a free download. 

If your on the fence about buying the plane and the manual is what hold you back, don't let it. Buy the plane, you will not regret the $54 spent.

As I have said in previous posts in this thread, my reason for hoping to get the manuals is not because I am worried about the quality of the manuals, but because I am worried about the quality of the product as a whole. 

I am really reluctant to spend $54 just out of good faith. Sure, I hear many people saying that "i won't regret it", but how do they know ? How do they know what I am after in a sim plane ? Only I can decide that. The manual is the best way, short of buying the whole thing, to get intimate knowledge of the aircraft.

It is not just a matter of whether the manual is owrth more than a "free download". The manual alone is not of much help to anyone if you don't then buy the whole aircraft. Surely, some people here do realize that giving people access to the manuals is an incentive to buy the aircraft.

E.

Edited by Emalice

I am not sure I understand the reasons to not put the manual out for download.

I always used to wonder the same thing when I walked into my local flight school and they wanted me to buy literature to learn to fly. For some reason they think it's right that I should pay money to read some literature that someone spent many hours and care in doing that is full of knowledge and teachings. Who knew? :)

I always used to wonder the same thing when I walked into my local flight school and they wanted me to buy literature. For some reason they think it's right that I should pay money to read some literature that someone spent many hours and care in doing that is full of knowledge and teachings. Who knew? :)

Ok Cameron. Thank you for being sarcastic, that really helps me understand more about life. I will now retire to a buddhist temple and reflect upon my past mistakes... Maybe I should have written to my grandmother more often.

To be honest, I am really cross right now. I believe my demand was argumented enough and that it was obvious my wanting the manual was not just to read it and then f*ck off, but to make an informed decision about whether or not i'd buy the saab340. So it's a no. Fine. I sincerely hope some people will post good videos sometime soon (not just videos with doors opening and cheesy music), maybe that will help me make the decision. 

However I really think that I deserved more than "nope" and sarcasm.

E.

• Upvote 1

Hey, there's a smiley at the end of it for good reason, but if you want to retire to a buddhist temple and reflect upon your past mistakes, or reflect on the possibility that you should have written to your grandmother more often, that's your prerogative. Not something I would have ever suggested, but to each his own.

Technically you could have read it and then "f*ck'ed" off if you chose not to buy I guess, right? But that's a discussion for another day and not really why we're here.

At the moment, we consider these value added. Quite a bit of care and execution went into writing them. This product is extremely thorough.

As I have said in previous posts in this thread, my reason for hoping to get the manuals is not because I am worried about the quality of the manuals, but because I am worried about the quality of the product as a whole. 

I am really reluctant to spend $54 just out of good faith. Sure, I hear many people saying that "i won't regret it", but how do they know ? How do they know what I am after in a sim plane ? Only I can decide that. The manual is the best way, short of buying the whole thing, to get intimate knowledge of the aircraft.

It is not just a matter of whether the manual is owrth more than a "free download". The manual alone is not of much help to anyone if you don't then buy the whole aircraft. Surely, some people here do realize that giving people access to the manuals is an incentive to buy the aircraft.

E.

Ummm I dont see your logic. When you buy a car, do you ask for the manual to go home with before buying the car? I pretty much told you to go look at a real Saab 340a manual and you will see what this plane from LES / X-aviation has to offer. It is the same and the real deal. Infact I was watching a youtube video and the 2 pilots followed the same check list and I could Identfy what they were doing just by flying the sim version. 

I own the CRJ, this plane blows it out the water and takes xplane to the next level. The real question is, You either want the plane or you don't. Reading a manual should not sway you either way.

In fact Ill help you out.

Here are 2 videos of my tutorial flights, one day and 1 night.

http://www.twitch.tv/atomicfrawg/b/465247322

and

http://www.twitch.tv/atomicfrawg/b/465549859

Need to turn on your inverter a bit sooner in that first video.

And that Autopilot giving you some grief, huh?   ;)

Enjoyed watching it though.  Very interesting seeing it when someone else is flying it.

Edited by Goran_M

Need to turn on your inverter a bit sooner in that first video.

Enjoyed watching it though.  Very interesting seeing it when someone else is flying it.

Rgr, That what I was talking about in my prevoius post on the check list. Its missing from the check list, I only noticed it from running the auto start and watching it flip. That was my 2nd full flight with the plane. The night flight was the 3rd and this mrong I did the 4th KBOS-KJFK. I am getting better and I also made a few changes to the last part of the tutorial at CCC.

Just wondering, when should it be turned on?

Edited by AtomicFrawg

Normally turn it on after engine start or after resetting the generators.

I have to admit guilt on that since I was going through the virtual checklist and didn't bring that to Jim's attention.  I've started this thing so many times and have gotten so used to it, a lot more could have been missing from the checklist and I probably would have missed them.