[SOLVED] some small things - maybe not even bugs but my own inability

lonewulf47

1.) After disconnecting the A/P I could not silence the Cavalry Charge! Any ideas? Maybe some Silencer Button that I haven't found yet?

2.) The mini-RNAV pop-up does not recognize any of my entries. Is there a special Trick to assign it to the (my guess is: default) database ?

3.) Despite showhing the 2-arrow cursor I can't move the thumbwheel for V/S adjustment. Not a big issue as I have assigned this functions for prcatical reasons to some keys, but still worth mentioning.

Ok, I agree that I might need to read ALL manuals from top to end ... but maybe someone here will nevertheless give me some quick answers.... :D

Apart from that as being a former airline pilot with lots of experience with the "good old steam gauges" I congratulate you for this fine A/C! Flying is definitely fun again!

Oskar

It only works with FIXes, not with other navaids or airports. Maybe that's the reason?

Yes, I saw that :)  But maybe I need to try some more. The ones I tried were admittently fixes within the LSZH area - mostly IAF's which might be the culprit. The default X-Plane database (= DAFIF database.. :D ) is not really gifted with too much accuracy and completeness.

Oskar

1.) After disconnecting the A/P I could not silence the Cavalry Charge! Any ideas? Maybe some Silencer Button that I haven't found yet?
After you disconnect the A/P, pressing the disco button on the yoke will silence the alarm.

2.) The mini-RNAV pop-up does not recognize any of my entries. Is there a special Trick to assign it to the (my guess is: default) database ?
Fixes only!  No special tricks, it automatically reads the default XP database.

3.) Despite showhing the 2-arrow cursor I can't move the thumbwheel for V/S adjustment. Not a big issue as I have assigned this functions for prcatical reasons to some keys, but still worth mentioning.
The thumbwheel is spring-loaded.  So, you need to drag and HOLD it and the VS will increment.

Jim

Lead Programmer

LES Saab 340A

Yes, I saw that :)  But maybe I need to try some more. The ones I tried were admittently fixes within the LSZH area - mostly IAF's which might be the culprit. The default X-Plane database (= DAFIF database.. :D ) is not really gifted with too much accuracy and completeness.

Oh, so then the problem is that they are simply not in the database ... yeah, that's bad, esp. for online flying where you'd need a current database. :/ Sometimes I use Plan-G prior to the flight to find other waypoints in the area that can be used as replacement. That works for offline flight.

Jim,
thank you for your prompt answer. Re silencing the Cavalry Charge: Of course the same applies to me: whenever possible I Hide yokes... :) 

Re RNAV: yes in the meantime I found some fixes that work. It's the DAFIF-Database which is not my favourite... B)

Re: V/S thumbwheel: that one I can't duplicate. I don't see ANY movement of the thumbwheel/switch. I tried all possible tricks and of course also hold and drag but nothing moves or changes. It just doesn't move at the moment. Mabe I'll find out later...

Oskar

Re: V/S thumbwheel: that one I can't duplicate. I don't see ANY movement of the thumbwheel/switch. I tried all possible tricks and of course also hold and drag but nothing moves or changes. It just doesn't move at the moment. Mabe I'll find out later...
The movement of the wheel itself is a little hard to see, I agree.  However, you can confirm it is working by watching the VS speed display on the EADI (upper right corner).

The movement of the wheel itself is a little hard to see, I agree.  However, you can confirm it is working by watching the VS speed display on the EADI (upper right corner).

Oh yes, now that I have tried with more space for the mouse to move :) I didn't expect it to be in need of such a large mouse displacement to activate the thumbwheel. I better stick to my key assignment then :lol:

Oskar