[SOLVED] No Engine sound during Replay

torfih

Hi, minor issue, when in replay there is no engine sound,  Another thing I noticed, is it not possible to select Global Airport and Final Approach (3NM or 10NM)? I've tried that and the aircraft shuts down and falls like a brick to the ground.

Edited by torfih

Not part of the Saab team, but certainly deal with these two issues as a custom developer.  These are somewhat "sore spots" for a developer for a few reasons.  1.)  Custom sounds can't be "sped up" or "slowed" down in x-plane so in a replay situation, if a user selects anything other than normal forward speed, the sound will be off.  In addition, replay mode is what Laminar calls a "limited mode" and several sources of data that are depended upon to program in additional accuracy aren't available in replay mode.   Basically my personal opinion is that replay mode was/is cool....but was designed as a 'compliment' to the default aircraft and getting it to work consistently for highly customized aircraft is a decent sized problem in and of itself.   One CAN program to allow for replay mode to a limited extent though the problem there is its a whole other programming paradigm that has to be added to the developer workload for little return.    As a developer, you approach "replay mode programming" after the fact and add in "what you can"....its hit and miss to see what you can make work. 

My personal opinion for developers....at least at this stage of the x-plane game is to get these products on the market, get revenue going to better self-sustain and with the "funded time" then take closer looks at these replay and "mid-start" situations.   Laminar's architecture works great with its simplified default aircraft, but these highly customized ones present new challenges that teams have to take looks at for the first time and generally end up trying to"reverse engineering" x-plane or engaging in conversations with Laminar.   I'm sure the Saab team will put these on the list to "look at".

TomK

• Upvote 1