Saab 340A - Released!

Cameron

Hello, Captains!,

Today we are pleased to announce the release of the Saab 340A! After more than three years and endless hours of testing, researching, and creating, we are happy this day has finally arrived!

All of this time has resulted in:

• An amazing new 3D sound engine with more than 130 sources of sound
  • 32 liveries included at no extra cost
  • A study level simulation with accurately represented systems via plugin
  • A ground breaking interactive aircraft menu system
  • ...and much more!

We would like to thank all of you for your patience throughout the development, and we hope you enjoy this awesome simulation!

You may learn more and purchase the Saab 340A now!

Happy flying, folks!

• Upvote 8

The installer was AMAZING! Very smooth and flawless! Never experienced anything of the sort...

Nice UI, ran perfectly!

The only problem was that I kept getting errors that windows wouldnt let me access the file, but running as an admin fixed it.

I think that problem is just me though... Nothing real

The installer was AMAZING! Very smooth and flawless! Never experienced anything of the sort...

Thanks for the comments. A lot of programming went into all of that. We also upped the deployment system with ultra fast servers around the world to serve the files from the closest one to you.

The only problem was that I kept getting errors that windows wouldnt let me access the file, but running as an admin fixed it.

We've tested this extensively for weeks now and haven't heard of that one, but we'll keep an eye out. May well be an issue on your end.

• Upvote 1

Thanks to all of you for the kind comments! We worked really hard to bring a stellar product at what we feel is an amazing price for all that's there!

Please consider helping your peers out with their decision to purchase, as well as helping us with your support by writing a mini personal review about this product: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_reviews_write.php?products_id=100

Thanks again!

heh.. now we need to pester XSquawbox to get moving on the 64-bit client; the Saab *cannot* be flown on VATSIM, since the Saab only works in XPlane-64bit, and Xsquawkbox only works in XPlane-32bit :(

This complaint does not really belong in this thread.  ALL 64bit aircraft (of which there are many) will not work with XSquawkBox. If you want XSquawkbox for 64bit then complain to Laminar.

This is the first aircraft released that is 64-bit only, and never had a 32-bit version.  The Ramzess 777 for example is now 64-bit only, but if you have a slightly older version, it works with 32.. I've held off upgrading the 777 for that reason.  It looks like it's "close," though, for the 64-bit xsquawkbox.

Is Laminar actually involved with that, though?

anyways, you're right, it doesn't *really* belong here, although it'd be helpful if your plugins should pop something up saying 'this doesn't work in 32-bit' when you try to; the aircraft actually *loads* in 32-bit xplane, but you can't do anything with it, none of the switches work, etc, since obviously all of the plugins that you are using aren't getting loaded in the 32-bit sim.  So, if someone is having that problem and is confused, and searches the forum, they'll find this thread, and get their answer :)

This is the first aircraft released that is 64-bit only, and never had a 32-bit version.  The Ramzess 777 for example is now 64-bit only, but if you have a slightly older version, it works with 32.. I've held off upgrading the 777 for that reason.  It looks like it's "close," though, for the 64-bit xsquawkbox.

Is Laminar actually involved with that, though?

anyways, you're right, it doesn't *really* belong here, although it'd be helpful if your plugins should pop something up saying 'this doesn't work in 32-bit' when you try to; the aircraft actually *loads* in 32-bit xplane, but you can't do anything with it, none of the switches work, etc, since obviously all of the plugins that you are using aren't getting loaded in the 32-bit sim.  So, if someone is having that problem and is confused, and searches the forum, they'll find this thread, and get their answer :)

The product page specifically shows that the Saab is NOT 32 bit.

Edited by JGregory