Saab 340A - Released!

Cameron

Hi Scarp, I honestly do not mean to start another argument here.

I do not know what documentation was used to make LES Saab 340A 3D model and I agree with your observations as I stated in my reply.

My point was just that EVEN with no changes one can be very happy having views set up properly.

I totally disagree with your statement " in sum is a total immersion killer.", that is an exaggeration IMO. :) 

I understand that we are all different and have different tastes, I am happy with LES Saab 340A 3D model as it is ( yes, it would be better the way you describe) and I totally respect your point of view.

Nothing is perfect of course but I am trying to be happy with what is already there and I do not regret buying LES Saab 340A.  Personal preference anyway.

Cheers, AJ  :) 

Edited by arb65912

No no, that is my point. There is no need for a new model or remapping, just a lowering of the vertices...that's all. If it was more complex I would certainly understand that anyone would be hesitant of backtracking through the mesh and make major alterations. But this is not the case, you could lower the said vertices without adding anything else or remapping for that matter.

:)

And just to make clear, I am very happy about the rest of the aircraft and I agree that it's well done, both visually and system wise.

Do you have any 3D work you can show us or are you just assuming that it's this easy?

No problem AJ, and I wasn't going to start an argument either, it is what it is. I just bought the issue to the developers attention and was wondering if there would be a fix for it. And as I said, for a top dollar product I would expect a bug of this nature to be fixed. But that's my opinion. And after this post, I am done with it.

So, here's a quick demo because Ben questions my statement that it is a easy and quick fix, I'll show you some pics (WIP) of one of my current projects and do some vertice shuffling:

iXMPylN.jpg

Here's a shot of a butchered VC (I removed almost all objects, just left enough in there so people can see what it is....hopefully)

Z7nhYiF.jpg

So here's a side shot of the glare shield. If you see those points where every line intersects? That's what we call a vertice.

ADtU7WI.jpg

So to demonstrate, I mangled my glare shield in like 10 sec to resemble the one in this product. Of course, you'd probably spend more that 10 sec to fine adjust those vertices to smooth the mesh, but this was just a quick demo of what I mean and what I feel should be done....only in reverse.

Wdtt3UA.jpg

With that, I say goodbye and wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

:)

• Upvote 1

scarp

All due respect, I honestly think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Saying it's a total immersion killer and a glaring bug that's in your face is stretching it quite a bit.

In saying that, I'll take a look at it, consult with everyone on the team and then make a decision.

Fair enough?

• Upvote 2

Hi Goran.

I am sorry if that's the impression you get, I tried not to make it a big issue as it really is not. But if others feel they needed to prod further into my original post where one could get the impression that I was in the wrong or questioned my statement that it is a easy fix, or the last one asking for credentials. Should I have left it hanging just like that?  Of course not. So it may have grown a little more than I intended. But in fairness, if it can make an already awesome product even better, then why not?

As I said earlier, it is an awesome plane, congrats to all involved coz I actually know how much work has gone into a project like this. :)

I am also grateful that you guys will have a look at it, that's awesome news, yay! :lol: