Flight Plan for X-Plane 10

eddie falcon

Guys,

I'm trying to file a  flight plane for X-Plane 10 . When I enter the  flight plan it is always rejected. I have no problem with FSX . When I file the plan it comes back 'wrong format'. What am I missing? Can someone give me the right format for filing a plan  from X to Y. Thanks for any help that I may receive. Happy Flying,  eddie   

Perhaps this may be of some assistance...still learning myself.

A little known trick, but all X-Plane aircrafts have an FMC (visible or not) into which your can upload an FMS plan.

For example the Cessna 172 has a GPS430 with very primitive capabilities, but in the back ground there is an FMC that can direct the GPS430.

Steps to do:

•Define a key referring to FMS/key_load (I use the backslash key "\").

•Create the flight plan and save it as .fms file.

•Copy the .fms file to C:\X-Plane 10\Output\FMS plans\ (or wherever you have your X-Plane installed).

•Start X-Plane and Cessna 172 and locate the plane on the starting airport of your flight plan.

•Type "\" (without the quotes) and select the flight plan and load.

•First waypoint will show on the GPS430.

•Take off with runway heading set until 400 to 1,000 ft AGL.

•Switch CDI to GPS mode, activate LOC and activate the autopilot to fly the course.

One way i use the FMS is i go to the website www.vataware.com and there you can plug in the destination "from-to" and it gives you a list of waypoints that is your route. you can then go to simeroutes.com and just copy the waypoints of vataware and enter then into the simroutes system and there you have the FP. all you gotta do is tell it which format you want it in. this is if you want Fps already created, if your trying manual then this might not be of use to you. happy flying hope it helps.

From what you are saying Eddie, I am assuming you are trying to use the ATC file flight plan window?

Never use that feature, it is not needed at all right now. Very buggy, plus the default ATC sucks at its current half finished state.

If you want generate flight plans, see the above posts. 

Edited by BWolf7

From what you are saying Eddie, I am assuming you are trying to use the ATC file flight plan window?

Never use that feature, it is not needed at all right now. Very buggy, plus the default ATC sucks at its current half finished state.

If you want generate flight plans, see the above posts. 

Ben Wolf,

Thanks for the 'come back'. I had nothing but a problem with the X-Plane 10 flight plan. The FSX Gold flight planner is fantastic. I made an  IFR Flight yesterday from KSEA to KSFO In the Bombardier CRJ 700, great Airplane. Did you purchase the Saab 340A? The manual is 95 pages. I used all my ink. When does the Citation debut? Happy Flying, Eddie  

• 4 months later...

Perhaps this may be of some assistance...still learning myself.

A little known trick, but all X-Plane aircrafts have an FMC (visible or not) into which your can upload an FMS plan.

For example the Cessna 172 has a GPS430 with very primitive capabilities, but in the back ground there is an FMC that can direct the GPS430.

Steps to do:

•Define a key referring to FMS/key_load (I use the backslash key "\").

•Create the flight plan and save it as .fms file.

•Copy the .fms file to C:\X-Plane 10\Output\FMS plans\ (or wherever you have your X-Plane installed).

•Start X-Plane and Cessna 172 and locate the plane on the starting airport of your flight plan.

•Type "\" (without the quotes) and select the flight plan and load.

•First waypoint will show on the GPS430.

•Take off with runway heading set until 400 to 1,000 ft AGL.

•Switch CDI to GPS mode, activate LOC and activate the autopilot to fly the course.

I have a simple flight plan that I'm trying to use with the Cessna 172 - taking off from KHSV and then wanting to fly to these lat/lon waypoints:

I

3 version

28 +34.644_-86.708 0.000000 34.644561 -86.708203

28 +34.521_-86.686 0.000000 34.521453 -86.686836

28 +34.726_-86.590 0.000000 34.726797 -86.590292

I did as you said, assigned the "\" key, was able to load the .fms file. I then took off, got to 1000ft, then turned on the autopilot, went to LOC, put the CDI in GPS (I think), the plane then flew itself, but not towards my first waypoint (it flew south west of it.).

Edited by mgreene