Where am I going wrong?

Nicola_M

Just downloaded Blender.  I am trying to make a simple wing/flat box that goes from the side of a heli to hold a couple of rockets. Nothing fantastic or fancy. Just want a simple plain box.

I've created the basic object that I'm happy with.  Exported it as Wavefront.obj, (as that's the only option that gives an .obj) and called the object nu.obj into the objects folder of the target heli.

Put a damn great png folder 512x512 in green and called it nu.png and put that in the objects folder of the target heli.

Went into Planemaker and Standard/Miscellaneous Objects, and selected the nu.obj item.

It's not showing up when I adjust the long/lat/vertical numbers.

I'm not in this for the long haul, as I've no interest in doing 3D. Just want this one box for this one heli.  If it's going to be a dog just for a tiny simple item, then I won't bother.

Have read the Blender manual site, but tbh I have no interest in doing any animations (their tutorial).

Does anyone know why it's not showing up?  Can't see what I've missed.

fomn.jpg

I think you're right. May have success with the 902!

Wings are showing up, but strangely only in red. I've tried a number of figures in the textures box and but can't seem to introduce any other colour.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but at least I can do helis with red wings, at least!

4nja.jpg

hn6s.jpg

Edited by Nicola_M