what bush plane should I get

vsully

I'm looking for some nice all-round planes that i can do bush ops with but that aren't too slow to get me somewhere. I'm going to buy the C185 eventually but I want an easier bush plane to practice on before i go with the 185. i'm considering the C172N do you guys recommend it? is it any good?

• 2 weeks later...

There are a lot to choose from.  STMA has the Beaver, the Otter, the Sherpa, the Husky and the Cub/Super Cub.  Then there's the C208 Caravan and the C185 Skywagon from Carenado.  All great planes.  Personally, I've just seen the Beaver that Pete is working on and can't wait for that to come out.

Yeah... The C185F seems to be one of the most popular bush planes around...

though I have some experience with the C188B. It's prone to skid off the runway on touchdown though I wouldn't call it exactly hard to taxi until you get moving fast...

Yeah I'm willing to learn. I don't mean to offend anybody but I personally think that STMA is pretty low quality.

Edited by vsully

The C185 is definitely one of the best bush planes for x-plane. Be however prepared to practice taxiing, cause this thing is a beast to maneuver on the ground

Same here O:-)

I am having loads of fun with the C185 and the Canadian Rockies/inside passage/final frontier packs on skis, floats and tundra wheels.

There are lakes, fjords and glaciers to explore and for me the C185 suits it best. Classic feeling.

Personally as an airplane I prefer the C208 Caravan for advanced bush flying but it requires a more solid landing strip than the others though it still works out well.

And then the AS350 helicopter which does not require a strip at all which is my all time favorite bush equipment. Just park it near the float ramp on some free space. Who needs floats anyway? :-D

• 8 months later...

I like the Zenith CH750. Freeware, Pretty basic textures and 3d cockpit, but flies predictably with great short field performance. Excellent sound!

Yes, this plane I have also discovered and I am very happy with it. But it is not a bush plane.

Edited by ryma

Yeah the Ch750  is fun for buzzing highways... :P

I have bought both the C185F and C208 and I think that I like the 185 best, the 208 is nice but on long flights I have to mute the computer… that turboprop drone gets really annoying. :angry: