Saab 340A Release Status Report #2

Cameron

Hi, All,

I just wanted to give you a new progress update. As you know we announced release week by Tuesday earlier this week and we are now four days into a delay. This is not without good reason, though I understand frustration is likely felt by some whom are excited about the impending release.

We were very, very close to hitting the "up for sale" button last week, but a number of very last minute, 11th hour issues popped up. These include:

1. An executive decision by us to re-work the manuals a bit. This is a very complex product in simulation and deserves a well put together systems manual. We have been very happy with the revisions thus far, and are moving as quickly as possible around the clock to get this done.

2. A sound issue was discovered in certain circumstances on Windows hardware. We just completed the fix for this today.

3. In a very last minute move, we made the decision to add a new menu item which will be announced soon, but it's a very handy one and pretty darn cool! We think you all will really enjoy this one when announced. We finished most of the coding on this feature through the night tonight and are currently testing it.

4. A flight tutorial is currently being created. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

We have worked extremely hard since we made the initial "week" announcement and tried every best, honest effort to meet our timeline. These last minute decisions and unexpected items in-between have added to that initial timeline, but I assure you we are not far off from release. The extra time taken will ensure the product you receive is more than well rounded compared to any others. We'll be sure of that!

We wanted to get some new previews out to at least satisfy the wait, but it's been really hard to squeeze time in for play this week with the work we are trying to pull off in a short period of time. In the meantime, I hope this update gives enough insight to hold you over for a bit.

We really apologize for the delay. I assure you it will have been worth the wait! :)

Thanks for your patience, understanding, and for reading!

• Upvote 12

Thank You very much for the update,Yes we are very excited about release,But I think we all are really Great full to The LES Saab team for the testing,retesting and Quality control going into this product.Your hard work and efforts will not go unnoticed,Thank You all.

Cheers!!

Hi Eddie, did you not read the first post by Cameron?

Kinda says it all really, and personally I have never had any problems with Cameron or thh dev team, I have most of their aricraft and would recommend them to anyone starting out in XP10.

Just my thoughts :)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

• Upvote 1

I'm very disappointed about the release of the Saab 340

I'm not happy about the release of the Saab 340A. No explanation from X-Aviation. I will be very reluctant to purchase this aircraft when it is released.

Means you will buy it in the end anyway ;)

Quality sells, no matter what.

Flo

No explanation from X-Aviation.

Uhhh...what the heck do you consider the original post in this thread then?  :blink:

I will be very reluctant to purchase this aircraft when it is released.

Well that makes perfect sense now doesn't it. Wants a plane really bad, feels there's no updates and shouts that in an update thread, decides he's reluctant to buy because he's too excited.

Annnnnyyyways.....keep up the awesome work, guys. I'm in!

Tutorials are good.  All turboprops seem to be slightly different; for example, I thought that I could jump from the Q400 into the JS32 no problem... 2 engine fires later, I had to go find a tutorial on how to properly start it since the order in which you do things matters.  Moreso on the older stuff, the Q400 is kind of a pussycat by comparison.

• Upvote 1

I'm very disappointed about the release of the Saab 340

I'm not happy about the release of the Saab 340A. No explanation from X-Aviation. I will be very reluctant to purchase this aircraft when it is released.

And if they would have released it with a known bug, you'd be disappointed too.

I'll take a few moans and groans over a delay to make it right than the thousands of gripes of released to early, buggy plane, etc.

X-Aviation is known for it's quality.  I, and for many here, are glad they stick to this level of excellence.

• Upvote 3

Hi Eddie, did you not read the first post by Cameron?

Kinda says it all really, and personally I have never had any problems with Cameron or thh dev team, I have most of their aricraft and would recommend them to anyone starting out in XP10.

Just my thoughts :)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

Hi Andy, I'm disappointed so I purchased the Jetstream 32. Nothing short of fantastic. I'll purchase the Saab 340A when it is released. I'm going for the MU2 Marquise. I read Cameron's comments. I went back and erased my post. I don't know why it is there. Thanks for your comment. Happy Flying, Eddie
  • Upvote 2

Hi Andy, I'm disappointed so I purchased the Jetstream 32. Nothing short of fantastic. I'll purchase the Saab 340A when it is released. I'm going for the MU2 Marquise. I read Cameron's comments. I went back and erased my post. I don't know why it is there. Thanks for your comment. Happy Flying, Eddie

I would recomend the MU-2 also while you wait. :D

• Upvote 2