Mexico City Xtreme by Taxi2gate MMMX

scubajuan_new

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

As far as this version of MMMX fromTaxi2Gate is concerned, I'm not working on it anymore. The T2G developers have not provide me with many of the assets I requested, communication got broken and I got tired of chasing them. Working with conversions proved to be more labor intensive than making it from scratch to have optimal results. I'm not giving up on the airport but will make my own version. Sharing at 50-50 with original developers when they failed to comply to the original agreement is just not viable for me. I have a LOT of the airport already made with original models and textures but not enough to complete the full scenery. I Traveled to Mexico last summer and took a lot of photos of all the airport and city but have not restarted work on the project since my daytime work and family take most of my free time, plus I have other collaborative projects with other teams that are 100% focused on X-Plane. I continue work on many X-Plane related projects and MMMX will some day be finished, but for the time being is on stand by.
Thanks for the interest and I am sorry for the disappointment, but my priorities have changed and I rather work on projects on my own or with others that are as committed to a project as I am, and not with people that show little or no interests and act as if they are do in me a favor. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I don't think Taxi2Gate have yet realized the value of bringing their products over to XPX at this time. Perhaps the new stream of customers using XPX as a result of the IXEG 737 Classic will change their and all the other major FS developer's mind. 29Palms is on board now, who's next?

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I know this is an old post started more than 2 years ago. I recently revisited this scenery to check the status and evaluate weather to continue with the project or not, and I was happily surprised of the state in which it was left off. Looking at it with fresh eyes, after close to a year without opening the files, and an intense year of skills refinement, I decided to reboot the project and push it it all the way to release. There is still a lot to do starting with a custom mesh to add underpasses and adapt the terrain for all objects to look right, leaving the slopes on the runways, plus all the city (autogen and custom). Once XP11 and the documentation for the new scenery system is out , most likely a new UV mapping and retexture will be necessary. 
This will certainly not happen this year, but 2017 will be the year for this and other mexican sceneries I have in the works. Here is just an overview of the whole airport scenery at the current status.

VIZ_0121.jpg

• Upvote 4

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...