CYXX Development Thread

Colin S

Ok so I am postponing work on NSTU to make way for another local airport in British Columbia, Abbotsford. Why?

Because it has a new taxiway. And X-Plane still has the old one being stupid there. And no parallel taxiway. So, because X-Plane is incompetent, I am going to make CYXX at a quality level about twice that of my current airports, which will serve as good practise for NSTU.  

Cheers. No photos yet, I only have orthos down and they don't even have the new taxiway......

• 2 weeks later...

Finally a photo. Just pavement so far, the orthophotos didn't include the new parallel taxiway.

1264497_10202049198541314_2115202396_o.j

University has taken its toll on how much time I can devote to working on projects for X-Plane, my American Samoa preview pack may be delayed until Christmas.

Edited by Colin S
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here we are with the first objects placed... university does not leave much time for X-Plane development. American Samoa Countrywide is still chugging along, very very very slowly. Thanks to Peter T I now have better resources and plans, so things will be slightly even more delayed. Although, yes, I know, Abbotsford Intl doesn't look anything like this, I'm doing my best with default assets. American Samoa Countrywide won't be like that. Most of the airport stuff will be custom, although I'll be staying with my OpenSceneryX and other free to use libraries for objects in other parts of the country. Anyways, here's the terminal so far at YXX. Plausibility, not accuracy. Realism, not actualism (is that a word? Do I care?)

919122_10202155837607224_640872044_o.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...