Douglas DC-3 Version 1.2 Update Released!

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.2 update for the Douglas DC-3. All customers who have purchased the Douglas DC-3 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete installation instructions on how to update your product. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the Douglas DC-3 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.2 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviati...talog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains the Douglas DC-3 purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update that says: "Douglas DC-3".

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

Quick reminders:

• New, friendlier activation system
  • X-Plane 10 compatible only
  • 64-bit compatible only

On the surface changes:

• Re-aligned flaps
  • Trim indicator over-travel issue fixed 

Under the hood changes:

• Code optimizations
  • Flight model optimizations

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 3

Hello,

do you plan to release 32bit version, too? Because of other plugins, I am stuck with 32bit X-Plane and a 64bit aircraft is useless for me.

No, we do not plan to release for 32-bit. The libraries we use are 64-bit only. If you have plugins that rely on 32-bit we encourage you to nudge the developer about it (including VATSIM).

Well, that is funny, but not entirely realistic.
It seems that the most of the other developers decided to provide options to their customers -- not a challenge.

Sorry you feel that way. Your 32-bit version will continue to work until you are ready. We cannot be held accountable for actions of other developers not willing to move forward. The customer base spoke loud and clear each and every day in our inboxes as to what they wanted.

We literally do not have an option for 32-bit. It doesn't exist for us in the plug-in version we needed. There's really not much else to say on it!

• Upvote 1

Have just purchased this aircraft! Thanks Goran and Cameron!

Downloading .. so haven't flown it yet, but .. I have flown in one a number of times during my childhood (first plane I ever flew in in 1961 ... actually, I think it was 1959). :D

Edited by Kris Pryo
  • Upvote 1

Lovely plane Goran! The feel, the sound, the immersion .. the whole package .. just awesome! Thanks :lol:

I applied the tail dragger mod (I'm a purist!), which worked however I noticed that when I did that the Oil flap lever was performing complete 360 degree rotations (the lever with the 'O' located just forward of the Prop levers on the throttle quadrant). I'll see if I can duplicate this effect again tonight and will update. Cheers!

Hi Goran ... I'm happy to report that it all works now (scratching head! :huh: ).
I have no idea why it was doing the rotation thing last night ... but right now its peachy!

This is a FANTASTIC aircraft (have I already said that?), but I'm definitely going to have to do a wee bit of research as I seem to do a propeller strike every time I land! @ first I thought I'd forgotten to drop the gear, but that isn't so!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just bought and downloaded the DC-3 from the X-Aviation Website. How do I know if I got version 1.0 or version 1.2? I still have the oil pressure bug and don't know if I should try and correct values in Planemaker as suggested... ? Thx!

New purchases are always shipped with the latest.

Hi, Marconius!

I got some advice for you. Since the dc-3 product is like the Saab 340A product, I wouldn't go into plane-maker and mess with the dc-3 values settings because you'll certainly render the dc-3 useless and certainly void the support!! Cameron posted this advice in the Saab 340A section of this forum. If you got a problem with dc-3, it is better to wait for the dc-3 update than to mess with the dc-3 values settings in plane-maker. I got a feeling that the plane-maker should only be used by the programmers and developers. Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent