Saab 340A Enters Beta Testing!

Cameron

Hi, Folks!,

Today we're pleased to announce that earlier this week the Saab 340A had entered the beta testing stage! This means that a selected group of testers have been given copies of the aircraft for a more widespread testing phase of the final product, and to work out any bugs they may find. Our team consists of multiple Saab 340 pilots in the real world, as well as some well respected individuals in the community with technical expertise.

For all of us on the team, this signifies a huge milestone! The Saab has been in development for over three years, and has gone through many phases of development, but with it comes an extremely complex, fun, study worthy aircraft!

More importantly, this means there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Light_At_End.jpg

...are you ready? :)

Some quotes from our beta testers.

• Upvote 5

A few quick quotes from our beta test crew thus far (remember, a number of them fly the real deal!):

- I LOVE that the AP is so accurate to the real thing. So good.

- Wow guys, what a detailed model! This is a lot of fun for a nuts ´n bolts and systems freak like me.

- I finally have had some time away from the real aircraft to sit down and fly this one. First impressions are that it is an incredible piece of work. The replication of the systems and the actual cockpit are amazing.

• Upvote 7

Forgive the question, I couldn't find it elsewhere. What sort of FMS/GPS will the Saab have? Will it be updatable (i.e. Navigraph)?

This is the 'A' variant, which has neither. It's a challenge to fly with all the systems, and a 'B' variant has been discussed at a later time.

It's a very complex aircraft, so don't let that fool you. There's a reason it's taken years to produce. :)

Hi, Folks!,

Today we're pleased to announce that earlier this week the Saab 340A had entered the beta testing stage! This means that a selected group of testers have been given copies of the aircraft for a more widespread testing phase of the final product, and to work out any bugs they may find. Our team consists of multiple Saab 340 pilots in the real world, as well as some well respected individuals in the community with technical expertise.

For all of us on the team, this signifies a huge milestone! The Saab has been in development for over three years, and has gone through many phases of development, but with it comes an extremely complex, fun, study worthy aircraft!

More importantly, this means there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Light_At_End.jpg

...are you ready? :)

Some quotes from our beta testers.

I've been ready!  :D