alxunru

777-200ER

364 posts in this topic

I can't understand why FF don't wanna work with xp jets. I think they going to regret it.

I want to buy it, but the crummy externals are whats keeping me from it. 

Let's not bash someone else's product in this thread please. The FF 777 is a really great addition to our sim and has made a ton of people happy. Those guys deserve some credit for their hard work.

Back on topic please.

I can't understand why FF don't wanna work with xp jets. I think they going to regret it.

Why would Factor need to work with them? Have you not seen their 757-200? They don't need the help of XP Jets. They're doing fine all by themselves. I honestly haven't seen anything recently from XP Jets that lets me know that they're currently on the same level as other prominent developers such as Flight Factor, Javier Rollon, or JAR Design. If Flight Factor would've regretted not collaborating with XP Jets, it only would've been AFTER XP Jets released their 777-200 they'd been working on. You seem to have so much confidence in XP Jets, so explain to me why they never finished their 777-200 which in my opinion does look better than the Flight Factor 777 in regards to the exterior model.

Edited by Darius Alexander

If Flight Factor would've regretted not collaborating with XP Jets, it only would've been AFTER XP Jets released their 777-200 they'd been working on. You seem to have so much confidence in XP Jets, so explain to me why they never finished their 777-200 which in my opinion does look better than the Flight Factor 777 in regards to the exterior model.

How about we don't speculate and let it go?

Should we lock this thread?

It's been going in circles for years, and I think the XPJ developers need a bit of rest now.

Years ago, I saw this XPJets 777 Project. And it was, and still, a gorgeous one! Really sad to see this how it 'ended'. But hopefully a developer can take this project or merge it. What I read here about merging Flight Factor 777 with XPJets will be a great combination maybe! :)

The best wishes for us all, ...

This project was quietly canceled from what I heard, sorry to crush your hopes and dreams. But FF has a nice 777 and pumpers visual enhancements will make it what you want it to be.

I see on XP's facebook the 777 for mobile X-Plane, that model looks oddly familiar... Cooking up something? or just giving the model files over?

I see on XP's facebook the 777 for mobile X-Plane, that model looks oddly familiar... Cooking up something? or just giving the model files over?

Alex took the IP with him to his new position working for Laminar, so yes, that's our handiwork in X-Plane 10 mobile. We haven't ruled out further development of the plane for desktop, but at least you guys can enjoy a subset of the aircraft on your mobile devices now!

Hi guys... I've got a question with respect to the cockpit. Is it possible to know the exact weight of the font used in the cockpit? I understand that the font is Futura (and Futura Condensed for the MFD adjustment panel to the left of the MCP and also on the various buttons) but is it a normal weight version or is it light?

Thanks much...

As far as I can remember, it's a normal weight Futura (it may even be Futura Semibold). I'll do some digging and get back to you.

As far as I can remember, it's a normal weight Futura (it may even be Futura Semibold). I'll do some digging and get back to you.

Thanks much.