BOYCOTT CARENADO!

PilotHudson

Really guys, this is talking about a anonymous, unknown guy with a "screenshot" (!), a crude story, yelling "BOYCOTT CARENADO"!

This is nonsense. The topic should have been shut down the very first moment it appeared.

Flo

Not really.

Either his credibility gets shot, or we get to the bottom of it. Either way the outcome and resolution is good for the community.

The title has to do with immaturity. X-Plane is filled with younger people. That's part of it. :)

• Upvote 2

Really guys, this is talking about a anonymous, unknown guy with a "screenshot" (!), a crude story, yelling "BOYCOTT CARENADO"!

This is nonsense. The topic should have been shut down the very first moment it appeared.

Flo

It's about exposing someone who claims to have made a purchase when in fact the purchase was made by a Facebook friend who then illegally shared the plane.  At least that's what it's looking like.  The trail is getting clearer.  If that is the case, then he needs to be outed.  It's not acceptable to make this kind of defamatory post.

Let's see if Mr PilotHudson, Colin Hidson or Jesse Colella have anything more to say about this.

I have to say I was a little suspicious that while your (Steven's) screenshot clearly showed where your name and account details are, the OP's screenshot didn't.  Not saying I believe or disbelieve, but that little missing detail has had me scratching my head.....

I'm sure I could knock up a screenie showing me having bought something I haven't.

I have to say I was a little suspicious that while your (Steven's) screenshot clearly showed where your name and account details are, the OP's screenshot didn't. Not saying I believe or disbelieve, but that little missing detail has had me scratching my head.....

Well, the original screenshot vs. Steve's were from two different pages on the website. I don't have a .org store account so I can't verify this to be the case, but it stands to reason that the information may be different on the "Account History" page vs. the "Available Downloads" page.

I think it's more telling that the original poster has remained silent on this topic since the original posting. Two going on three pages later, I tend to feel that if this was a legitimate complaint he'd be more active in the discussion.

• Upvote 2

It's about exposing someone who claims to have made a purchase when in fact the purchase was made by a Facebook friend who then illegally shared the plane.  At least that's what it's looking like.  The trail is getting clearer.  If that is the case, then he needs to be outed.  It's not acceptable to make this kind of defamatory post.

Yes and no Steven.  You are picking and choosing your battles here, conveniently I might add.    Laminar got publicly blamed for delaying the 757 project but after a series of investigatory emails, the truth was ....well....lets just say, 'hidden' from the org membership (*cough....lie).   You want to out Vmax and the 757 team for both lying AND defaming Laminar along the way?  That is what its about no?   Let it go, its Carenado and Nicolas' battle....its one guy and the org higher ups are just as manipulating for their own ends....you won't change anything.

TK

Edited by tkyler

Yes and no Steven.  You are picking and choosing your battles here, conveniently I might add.    Laminar got publicly blamed for delaying the 757 project but after a series of investigatory emails, the truth was ....well....lets just say, 'hidden' from the org membership (*cough....lie).   You want to out Vmax and the 757 team for both lying AND defaming Laminar along the way?  That is what its about no?   Let it go, its Carenado and Nicolas' battle....its one guy and the org higher ups are just as manipulating for their own ends....you won't change anything.

TK

Dude, you've totally missed the point!  This is about piracy, plain and simple.  That's why I got into the fray.  Just happens that he claims he bought it at the org, but he didn't.  Just happens it's a Carenado.  If it were your MU-2 I think you would do the same diligence and I wouldn't have to.  I only jumped in because Dan and Carenado don't have a voice here.  I'm well aware why so you don't have to school me on it.

If I were to see a similar post about your MU-2 or Goran's DC-3 on another forum, I would do the same thing there.  Piracy is a crime and if we let it go, then what good are copyrights?  Comes right out of the developers' pockets.

The scenario with VMAX and Laminar you mention is a horse of a different color and irrelevant to this thread.  That's a case of "he said, she said" yada yada and I don't have a dog in that fight.  I'm talking about theft.  I'm not trying to defend Carenado or Dan for the way he treated the kid.  I'm exposing a thief.  When copyright is breached I get mad.  I live and die by copyright every day and when I see someone disrespecting copyright, it really chaps me.  I'd think it would you, too.

I admit I could be wrong in this case, but the evidence thus far leads me to the conclusions I've posted.  It's up to the original poster to provide us with REAL documentation if he wants to clear his name.

• Upvote 3

Here's your proof.  The only thing we should hear from PilotHudson is an apology.  At least his friend had the balls to admit his part.  Maybe it's a case of ignorance of the law or immaturity or indifference to the law, but in any case, piracy is a crime.  Don't do it.  On top of the crime, he was stupid enough to submit support tickets for products he didn't buy.  This type of behavior hurts the whole community and has to stop!  Case closed.

post-501-0-08948200-1375392827_thumb.jpg

Edited by steven winslow
  • Upvote 2

Young and dumb sums up this situation. Lesson learned? Maybe. 

"Now back to your regularly scheduled program."

On a side note.

This is why some software developers use DRM. 

Its always some one that ruins the fun for the good guys.

post-91-0-07431000-1375393618_thumb.jpg

Edited by Airbus