Bombardier CSeries for X-Plane

79carboy

Ok, recently there have been some things thrown around about the CSeries Bombardier Project, and I am here to say that this is the official development thread for the Aircraft. This aircraft will be payware, but with many freeware releases along the way. This aircraft will feature:

1. 3d modeling on most parts

2. Working cockpit (2d and 3d)

3. highly detailed liveries

4. True to life handling, and will be certified by the big boys (Bombardier)

This truly will be a great aircraft made by the new development company, AeroX: http://aerox-plane.webs.com/

With other projects on the go,

http://c90gtxkingairdevelopment.webs.com/

This project will not be whizzing by, but I promise you it will be released. Payware OR Freeware depending if we stop the project in development. If you would like to be a Beta Tester, PM me. The beta tester team is limited to ten people, and I will post when this team is filled up, and there will be NO EXCEPTIONS.

Now sit back and relax, and enjoy the development of the Bombardier CSeries for X-Plane 10 (and possibly 9)

Edited by 79carboy

Just curious, since it will be payware how can you guarantee its flight model accuracy if the actual plane will not even be delivered until next year?

They have the specs online, and as I said, it will be certified by Bombardier

Yeah, I'm sort of of the same opinion.  How can you say it'll be payware when

1. So far you haven't released anything previously

2. With the best will in the world, payware quality can't be determined at the ideas stage.  That'll be obvious either way much later down the development line.

And, if you plan on sticking with webs as your main website, be prepared for your customers to sooner or later be (extremely) pissed off when they can't access it.  Or for YOU to be unable to access it.

I tried to set up a site with webs.com earlier this year, and images didn't load or show up, tech help blamed third parties, tech help fob you off, and rather than sort the issue out, they delete the threads of everyone rebelling because they don't want new customers finding out how shite they are.

Here's proof it's not just me, and it's not just a one-off.

http://www.webhostingreviews.com/webs-reviews.htm

My advice, get a different web host, quick.

Edited by Nicola_M
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I'm sort of of the same opinion.  How can you say it'll be payware when

1. So far you haven't released anything previously

2. With the best will in the world, payware quality can't be determined at the ideas stage.  That'll be obvious either way much later down the development line.

And, if you plan on sticking with webs as your main website, be prepared for your customers to sooner or later be (extremely) pissed off when they can't access it.  Or for YOU to be unable to access it.

I tried to set up a site with webs.com earlier this year, and images didn't load or show up, tech help blamed third parties, tech help fob you off, and rather than sort the issue out, they delete the threads of everyone rebelling because they don't want new customers finding out how shite they are.

Here's proof it's not just me, and it's not just a one-off.

http://www.webhostingreviews.com/webs-reviews.htm

My advice, get a different web host, quick.

I have been with webs for 4 years now and I have never had a problem. As I said, we are releasing all of the updates freeware after they have been beta tested so the communty can see our work.

The online specs are only the broadest of data and I wouldn't have thought they are enough to go on. Much of the performance envelope will only be determined by the flight test programme in any case. Only the most basic of 3-view drawings and cutaways, and very few photos are available to work from, not enough to build an accurate 3D model, I would have thought. My advice would be to plough away on one of your freeware products first: you will have far more data to work from and you will learn much more than trying to tackle an aircraft which has yet to fly.

Most of the top developers for X-Plane had a track record as publishers of excellent freeware models prior to embarking on payware. I should also say that I have been involved with beta testing of several projects and that the test programme runs into hundreds or even thousands of hours of flight testing to match the real world performance and handling. And this is with hundreds of pages of data available.

People's expectations of payware aircraft are extraordinarily high nowadays, so do not underestimate the months of work of work ahead. over a year, maybe. In the meantime, the best of luck.

Edited by clavel9
  • Upvote 3

The online specs are only the broadest of data and I wouldn't have thought they are enough to go on. Much of the performance envelope will only be determined by the flight test programme in any case. Only the most basic of 3-view drawings and cutaways, and very few photos are available to work from, not enough to build an accurate 3D model, I would have thought. My advice would be to plough away on one of your freeware products first: you will have far more data to work from and you will learn much more than trying to tackle an aircraft which has yet to fly.

Most of the top developers for X-Plane had a track record as publishers of excellent freeware models prior to embarking on payware. I should also say that I have been involved with beta testing of several projects and that the test programme runs into hundreds or even thousands of hours of flight testing to match the real world performance and handling. And this is with hundreds of pages of data available.

People's expectations of payware aircraft are extraordinarily high nowadays, so do not underestimate the months of work of work ahead. over a year, maybe. In the meantime, the best of luck.

That is what we are planning on doing, we just wanted to get this out into the community and say we will be working on it for a while. Anybody want a beta testing spot? We still have 9 left! Just PM me.

Edited by 79carboy

Haha indeed, don't know where they got there info from, but my friend works for bombardier, and he was able to give me a bit of info after he got it requested, and second reason we are not working together is 1. my CCX is not done and i would like to finish that first 2. I want to improve before pay ware 3. if i do get that good there were other things that we discussed that preventing it 4. Without prof that me or them have done any solid released work it could be vaporware, therefore i am going to play it slow and learn along the way, as i am still just a younger teen.

Haha indeed, don't know where they got there info from, but my friend works for bombardier, and he was able to give me a bit of info after he got it requested, and second reason we are not working together is 1. my CCX is not done and i would like to finish that first 2. I want to improve before pay ware 3. if i do get that good there were other things that we discussed that preventing it 4. Without prof that me or them have done any solid released work it could be vaporware, therefore i am going to play it slow and learn along the way, as i am still just a younger teen.

Fine tuning on the project will be done after the aircraft is released. Think about it this way, How did those developers build the payware UFO on the store if it isn't even a real aircraft?

Fine tuning on the project will be done after the aircraft is released. Think about it this way, How did those developers build the payware UFO on the store if it isn't even a real aircraft?

I completely understand but there is just one major difference, one is fake so no one cares about the flight model, but one is real and the people who do buy it some of them will care.

• Upvote 3

I completely understand but there is just one major difference, one is fake so no one cares about the flight model, but one is real and the people who do buy it some of them will care.

Good point. It will be released acurate and certified though, so I will guarantee you that it will be a very accurate randition of this infamous aircraft.

Good new of sorts! I've got the model in blender, but I still need to figure out how to make the textures appear in the 3d model and how to implement the model in planemaker 

Great job! Any more news?

Edited by 79carboy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...