FlyTampa Montreal Final Update

SwissCyul

Hello Again!!!

I finished the Conversion of FlyTampa's Montreal Scenery. It took me 2 months to make the airport like i wanted it to be. But i think it was worth it. I put the screenshots in an extra folder and attached it because it would take too long to attach them all single to this Post. 

For those who are thinking about buying this scenery, i would not recommend it. Only for the people that live in Montreal and that want an accurate Airport with all the details they know. As i said it took me 2 months to create Montreal. You have to start with the Airport Layout because FlyTampa doesn't put information about the taxiways into the package. After the Conversion there are Buildings incomplete or have walls that only appear from one side. So you have to spend a lot of time working with the overlay editor to fix those problems. After that the real work begins. I spend almost everyday with World Editor to finish this project. You have to add taxi lines, lights, parking spots, aircraft, taxi signs, and, and, and,...

The scenery for FSX is for the use with real satellite images from google maps. So there are standing street lights and signs all over the place. X Plane doesn't display all the streets of the airport. Thats why i created streets with World Editor. Of course no Cars will drive there because they are just pieces of asphalt. Then there are cars standing around in the grass because X Plane doesn't display parking lots. So again you have to spend time putting signs and markings on asphalt...

Another big minus is that the Air Canada Hangar and the office building in the middle of the airport are incomplete. I removed all the incomplete objects and created a whole new airport middle that resembles a bit the real world. But the AC hangar is a masterpiece of work and you can't use it after the conversion. 

But now enough of complaining :)

The scenery looks great day and night. I now really enjoy flying to my hometown airport because i can notice all the things that are there in real life. The Airport is just a great place to fly to. I hope you can make yourself an image of how the airport looks in X Plane with the screenshots.

Sadly i am not allowed to give the persons owing FlyTampa Montreal my conversion. All because of copyright issues and i understand that. But you can ask me anytime how i made some things in my version. I will help you and i can send you screenshots of how my airport looks. 

And for those who already converted it i can give you my apt.data if you want. So you have an accurate taxiway system on your airport. 

Currently i am working on Quebec Jean Lesage and Mont Tremblant Airport. I will soon make a post about Quebec and Tremblant. 

That was it from me. Post me your feedback and your questions.

Have a great evening and enjoy your Weekend :)

Lots of detail esp the ground is missing, so i wouldnt call this looks almost the same :P

Yeah just the buildings are mostly the same. FSX is based on satellite images and X Plane uses a default rendering system so it's clear that the ground doesn't look the same. And i had to create all the Apron area with the taxiways and stuff. And the buildings get a cartoonish colour in the night. But as long as you can recognize those textures it's ok  ;)

not exactly, FSX uses default rendering system too xD. Its the add-on scenery that doesn't convert its own orthophotos. i converted the fs9 version and it converted much better, however the ground detail is missing leaving the plain underlying ortho.

yeah, whatever...

i never used FSX so i don't know exactly how it works. So you are saying that the FS9 version converts better then the FSX version? 

If that is the case i can try that too  ;)

you dont need to use FSX in order to understand it's system, you can simply look at the pictures :)

Yeah. Well it's clear that something that is made for FSX doesn't look the same in X Plane ;)

Sorry again the question. Does the fs9 version convert better?

• 6 months later...

May i get your apt.dat file?

Sure, do you have the ortho-photos in the scenery? If yes then i will send you the plain data, because the taxiway markings are on the orthos. I also have a version without the orthos. 

Just tell me which one you want ;) 

Ok. 

I don't have that much advise for you ;) 

Depending on your computer, you shouldn't add that much aircraft because Montreal Downtown eats up your FPS. 

I guess you converted the FS9 version? If so you won't have the back part of the airport. I got some Error messages when i opened it because things were missing. These missing objects are converted in the FSX version. I added them with OE so the object error message goes away. 

Thats basically it for the conversion. You can add light posts to the airport, because the Included lights don't make any reflections on the ground. 

I hope that helps. I send you a message for the apt.data :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...