Take Command! CRJ-200 Version 1.5.3 Update Released!

Cameron

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say the the CRJ200 is still the pinnacle of my XPlane experience.  Great job guys!

I'm currently running Version 1.5.0 on original iMac i7 (Dec '09) with updated Nav Data from Navigraph.  The system handles the CRJ flawlessly with 60-80 fps.  I plan to stay on XP 9.70 until my next computer purchase which may be a year or two.

In light of the release of 1.5.3, my question is how do I get 1.5.2?  Or is this not possible at this time?

TIA

The current latest versions are

1.4.5 for 32bit

1.5.3 for 64bit

If you are running 1.5.0 on 32bit without problems, consider yourself lucky. Many people were complaining about 1.5 on 32bit, which is why the 32bit branch of the CRJ is reverted to the longest stable version 1.4.5 which is really very stable. So if 1.5.0 is running fine for you and don't have out-of-memory crashes, there is really no reason to up-(down?)-date.

Yes, but not at full texture resolution. We recommend 1GB VRAM to run at "extreme" texture res. With 512MB you will not be able to use that setting.

EDIT: If you have further questions regarding the 777 please direct them to the appropriate forum to prevent cluttering up this thread.

Edited by philipp

• 9 months later...

Thank you, but I just realized that mine was purchased at xplane.org. However their link for the update expired.  So I can't find a good link to download.

If you bought at x-plane.org then this where you need to go for support. Cross-posting doesn't help. Please take a look at my answer to your question on the org forum.

Edited by philipp

• 1 year later...

That's extremely vague. Can you be more specific?

Hello Cameron.

When I exit or change aircraft from the JR CRJ200 I get a crash to desktop. I have started a topic on this month's ago with log attached. Being the perfectionist that I am, I have since uninstalled it. I don't like CTD'S. Ever since the uninstall, I have had no CTD'S. My log that I posted shows that the CRJ200 Avionics plugin was the source of crash each time.

When I exit or change aircraft from the JR CRJ200 I get a crash to desktop. I have started a topic on this month's ago with log attached. Being the perfectionist that I am, I have since uninstalled it. I don't like CTD'S. Ever since the uninstall, I have had no CTD'S. My log that I posted shows that the CRJ200 Avionics plugin was the source of crash each time.

No, there are no plans to update this I believe. It's not detrimental to flight itself, and has to do with the Qt programming from what I remember. I don't believe there was a solution available to fix this due to some X-Plane limitations when Qt is involved.

Sorry. Not necessarily my decision either.

No, there are no plans to update this I believe. It's not detrimental to flight itself, and has to do with the Qt programming from what I remember. I don't believe there was a solution available to fix this due to some X-Plane limitations when Qt is involved.

Sorry. Not necessarily my decision either.

Apologies, what is Qt?

Apologies, what is QT?

Qt is an application framework which allows cross-platform interfaces. AKA a toolkit, and one that was utilized in building the CRJ back in the day.

Quoting Philipp from here:

I've looked into this with Ben Supnik both on the X-Plane side and CRJ side of things. It seems to be a problem of the Qt library the CRJ is using in combination with changes to the entry point of the 64bit X-Plane application. We cannot fix this, as the Qt library was never intended to work in plugin but relies on controlling the entry point of the application, which is obviously not the case with X-Plane.

Qt in the CRJ is a relic from before I even got on the CRJ - that part is still from the programmer who worked with Javier before I came on board.
However, I'd have done exactly the same thing back then, so no fingerpoiting. I'd probably have gone for Qt back then, too.
No one imagined we'd be using 64bit Qt someday, let alone that 64bit Qt wouldn't play well with 64bit X-Plane.
Yet X-Plane evolved and we had to drag everything up to the next level and up to 64bit.

The only workaround I see is loading another aircraft before quitting, or, if this fails, disabling the plugin before unloading.

That's the price we pay for using an alive platform like X-Plane. In FSX, a program designed and written three years ago will continue to work the same way for as long as there's a computer that runs FSX. In X-Plane, things are evolving.

Qt is an application framework which allows cross-platform interfaces. AKA a toolkit, and one that was utilized in building the CRJ back in the day.

Quoting Philipp from here:

Again apologies for ask of the questions.

Why are some people not experiencing the CTD like others?

Primarily because it's Windows users that experience it rather than Mac.

Are you not willing to accept the true technical answer or something? We're not making this stuff up. Philipp works for Laminar and with X-Plane source code directly.

Fixing the CTD requires a re-write of the CRJ plugin.

This is impractical and un-economical unless the CRJ is refreshed as a new product(unlikely to happen) with a new round of customer purchases.

The problem with the CRJ is NOT in the CRJ code. It is in support libs that the CRJ uses and is no simple fix there either.

The ONLY work around you have to reach neat and tidy perfection is this:

The only workaround I see is loading another aircraft before quitting, or, if this fails, disabling the plugin before unloading.
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hey guys.  I'm having trouble installing my recently-purchased CRJ.  I assume that (under Windows 10) after you unzip the download, you run the setup-windows.exe executable.  But if I do  that, when the Bit Rock installer asks for my email address, it responds with the error message "You need to specify a value."  Just in case I downloaded the zip file again - same results.  What could I be doing wrong?  Thanks all!

Bit Rock.png

2 minutes ago, antonioe said:

What could I be doing wrong?  Thanks all!

Hi Antonioe,

This error is caused by large text pushing other info off of the
installer screen. To fix this, please set your text size back down to
100% during install. You may learn to do this here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Make-the-text-on-your-screen-larger-or-smaller

Indeed it did!  I have a (gulp!) 4096x2160 screen (read: 4K) so I keep the general magnification to x1.25 - set it back to 1.0, logged off and on again to restart the W10 GUI and the installer worked.

Cameron, I am impressed by the speed of your response, and even more by the speed of your diagnosis ( I guess the missing bottom of the pane was a dead giveaway, eh? Lucky I thought of adding the screen shot...)

Tnx,

Antonio E.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic