X-Aviation Aircraft with GIZMO

Tsetsoh

Hello All,

I am new to this forum but a long-time X-Plane user.  I have a problem that (after an extensive search) I have not found addressed on the forum so far.  And if I'm in the wrong area please point me to the correct one.

My problem (while using a Mac Pro, 6-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB RAM, ATI HD 5870 1024 MB) with X-Plane 10.22+ 64 bit:

For some of my X-Aviation aircraft (that function with GIZMO) some of the animations have ceased to function.  For example; the Cessna Corvalis, the Douglas DC-3, and the Mitsubishi Mu-2B.

- For the DC-3 the yoke is not animated (but the ailerons and elevator actually do move).

- For the Corvalis the stick does not move (external surfaces do move).

- For the MU2 (a long-time favorite) most of the cockpit animations do not function.  The yoke doesn't move, nor does the throttle/condition levers.  Many of the buttons and switches fail to operate.  Externally I can see elevator and rudder movement but not the ailerons.  The props are not animated.

All of these planes had been functioning with no problem.  I do believe that they were functioning subsequent to the latest update for the MU-2 (after the corrected installer for Mac).  I am unaware of any event or other updates that may have effected this.  However, in each case the log.txt complains about the same problem:

"dlerror:dlopen(/Volumes/B Drive/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/64/mac.xpl, 6): Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libcurl.framework/Versions/A/libcurl
  Referenced from: /Volumes/B Drive/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/64/mac.xpl
  Reason: image not found"     (a complete log.txt file is attached)

Also, in the cockpit I do not have GIZMO in the plugins menu and don't have the side menu for GIZMO that was there before.  Also GIZMO no longer creates the GizmoLog.txt.

Using the provided installer I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest MU-2 update.  That was the latest aircraft to update.

I contacted Cameron about this through the X-Aviation site.  After a look at my log.txt file he recognized that "It looks like your frameworks library didn't install."  He informed me that they had put out a re-built installer and that I should re-downloadand and re-install the MU-2.  I believe that I had used that corrected installer, but I wanted to give it another try.  Since my download link had expired I asked that he re-open the link so that I could ensure that, in fact, I had the latest/corrected update.  That was a several days ago.  Unfortunately, Cameron has not responded to that request (nor subsequent emails asking for further troubleshooting tips).  Hmm....

I had also asked where the frameworks library was supposed to reside so that I could have a direct look.

By the way, I have a second X-Plane installation on another hard drive.  Both are acting the same with the X-Aviation/GIZMO aircraft (all other aircraft are functioning normally).

So I'm stuck.  Are there others with this problem, and is there a known solution?  Troubleshooting suggestions?

CW

Log.txt

- For the DC-3 the yoke is not animated (but the ailerons and elevator actually do move).

The DC-3 is not yet compatible with 64-bit.

- For the Corvalis the stick does not move (external surfaces do move).

This has never moved. Sounds normal.

- For the MU2 (a long-time favorite) most of the cockpit animations do not function.  The yoke doesn't move, nor does the throttle/condition levers.  Many of the buttons and switches fail to operate.  Externally I can see elevator and rudder movement but not the ailerons.  The props are not animated.

Likely along the lines of what Cameron has already suggested to you.

Cameron or anyone at X-Aviation isn't known to keep people hanging (probably best support I have experienced anywhere). If you're having to wait, be patient. I'm sure they'll get back to you!

Edited by CoreyR

OK, thanks for the feedback so far. 

I got so wound up in troubleshooting I forgot about the limits on the DC-3 and Corvalis- scratch those issues.  So, that leaves the MU-2 issue. 

I don't disagree with Cameron's suggestion, I just am stuck with any further troubleshooting.

CW

Update, and conclusion.

Cameron did open a link for me this afternoon.  A download and fresh install fixed my problems.  Thank you, Cameron.

I can only conclude that I either missed downloading the update, or I put the wrong version of the plugin back into my system while troubleshooting a different aircraft (likely).  Either way would be my bad.

Thanks for previous comments.

CW