RMI needle datarefs

tkyler

I've looked far and wide and can NOT find datarefs that represent the relative bearings on the RMI needles.  Not a problem to solve in plug-in, but don't want to go that route if there's  some standard variant...anybody catch these datarefs that I might be missing?

That dataref certainly accounts for the relative bearing...but not for the RMI needle directly which is technically tied to either the adf or VOR depending on the selector switch.  So when you switch from adf to vor and the needle swings...the adf1 bearing is, of course, still the same value while the needle is animating.  it's is that "needle" dataref that I'm after..but I'm beginning to think it's "internal" to the 2D RMI instrument in planemaker...something I've seen plenty in Austin's instruments...and to make a 3D RMI, I'll have to do some plugin code.

I don't really thing there is such a dataref in x-plane.

I think the best way to do that is to share third dataref and depends on switch position set your dataref to adf bearing or vor bearing.

I don't think it's going to be a problem to code.

So good luck  :)