Legendary IDT DC-9

This looks like a really great aircraft, another one to look forward for!

Though, as usual, many aircraft developers are "lazy" (or maybe rather have lack of resources or time) to develop user-friendly realistic versions of navigation equipment. Actually, before you misunderstand, what I mean here is the use of the X-plane inbuilt GNS430/530, which I really hate as it is not fully implemented. And for the other case it is very unintuitive when flying simulators with (i.e. controlling it with mouse and scrollwheel is very awkward, a 3d keypad is much more user friendly computerwise when setting waypoints and fixes).

Though, I'm not sure if this aircraft has this equipment (GNS430/530) installed as standard (or lately added) in the realistic aircraft. If it is, yeah what can you do, usually I just turn off the screen and fly via VOR/NDB (i.e. as with the Saab 340A, the GNS430 is just so irritating, so I turn it off even if it could use its help sometimes). Also this how I mainly navigation with the FJS732, which do not have any navigation computer equipment onboard (except for the CIVA which is available as a payed plugin, though not able for RNAV navigation).

Now when IXEG is developing the 737 and are nearly done, maybe they would sell/give some of the technology of their FMS, which may be slightly modified to enhance other realistic FMS equipment for certain aircraft. Though, I'm not sure if this is possible, depending how module-based that development is, but it would clearly make some type of relief for other developers not inventing the wheel again. Note this is just speculation, ideas and thoughts I have.

4 hours ago, Vantskruv said:

This looks like a really great aircraft, another one to look forward for!

Though, as usual, many aircraft developers are "lazy" (or maybe rather have lack of resources or time) to develop user-friendly realistic versions of navigation equipment. Actually, before you misunderstand, what I mean here is the use of the X-plane inbuilt GNS430/530, which I really hate as it is not fully implemented. And for the other case it is very unintuitive when flying simulators with (i.e. controlling it with mouse and scrollwheel is very awkward, a 3d keypad is much more user friendly computerwise when setting waypoints and fixes).

Though, I'm not sure if this aircraft has this equipment (GNS430/530) installed as standard (or lately added) in the realistic aircraft. If it is, yeah what can you do, usually I just turn off the screen and fly via VOR/NDB (i.e. as with the Saab 340A, the GNS430 is just so irritating, so I turn it off even if it could use its help sometimes). Also this how I mainly navigation with the FJS732, which do not have any navigation computer equipment onboard (except for the CIVA which is available as a payed plugin, though not able for RNAV navigation).

Now when IXEG is developing the 737 and are nearly done, maybe they would sell/give some of the technology of their FMS, which may be slightly modified to enhance other realistic FMS equipment for certain aircraft. Though, I'm not sure if this is possible, depending how module-based that development is, but it would clearly make some type of relief for other developers not inventing the wheel again. Note this is just speculation, ideas and thoughts I have.

Given the opportunity I would like to address everything about the chapter "Navigation Equipment" of this project:

1. This project is based on DC-9-30 series, more exactly DC-9-32. Since we are hunting accuracy, we have to focus to a very specific model to get it right.

2. As result of #1, the navigation equipment will be as it was on the original DC-9-32. No FMC/FMS/CIVA....LORAN-C, you name it!

3. But, this will be flown today (ok, not literally today...when it will be ready) and many people might want to fly with that bird over VATSIM/IVAO/Pilotedge networks and they would like to have either the ability to follow RNAV procedures, fly a route without making a ton of VOR intersections, or even have a kind of backup means to learn to fly with VOR-only without get lost. So, for the reasons above, we decided that will make available the default GNS430. 

We do not intent to develop any more complete GNS. It is out the scope of this aircraft's development. We think that the default GNSs are more than enough to fulfill the above.

Regards 

• Upvote 4

I can't wait to fly her (but I guess I'll have to[emoji20])! Is their any chance that their will be an option to show/hide the GPS? 

We have in the cockpit a rough 3D object, to get the "feeling" how it will look, where to put it, etc. All the options are still on the table. We might just have a click spot for the 2D pop up and nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the clarification, though I want flag that the X-Plane GNS430 do not have any RNAV implemented yet of this time (you are not able to select STAR/SID RNAV procedures).

Anyway, that is not a problem, as I'lI then will fly this machine with only VOR/NDB navigation, which is greatly fun and educational. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...