Pipistrel Panthera [Payware]

brent123

Hello!

I always announce my projects late here...

But anyways, I want to see the response on the other side of X-Plane community.

This project is in work by me and Airfighter. It's going to be payware, hosted on X-Plane store (for sure) and other sites (not yet decided). I hope X-Aviation permits selling this on their webpage.

Here are two Blender renders from the cockpit and the exterior model, I made the exterior one yesterday and the cockpit one today, while writing this:

renderppp.jpg

pantherappp1.jpg

Hope you like it!

Mat

Edited by brent123
  • Upvote 3

First I would like to thank you guys for your interest!

I would like to put some notices about this aircraft.

• This is almost a paralel development both real world aircraft and this one for X-Plane. As we speak, the real aircraft is in flight testing phase. So, we have to wait until her final flight characteristics are finalized. 
  • We have a good relationship with Pipistrel and they are providing us data about this aircraft. But this is not mean that they are envolved in this project here.
  • About avionics. The test aircraft is equipped with Dynon Skyview displays. The production aircraft will have (as option?) the G500, but G500 is not displaying engine data, so there is something missing. Anyway, since we have to work with what we have now, the Dynon displays will remain on this aircraft.
  • As for DYNON displays, and both GTNs (750/650), are really very complicated products themselves. So, and because I dont like to fall short on promises, these avionics will have most of their functionality, but there are not going to be fully simulated.
  • And of course this aircraft will be heavily SASLed!  
  • Upvote 2

Hey guys, as Ilias said, thanks for the interest and compliments.

Currently, I'm waiting for a reply from Pipistrel to see how they're doing with the flight testing. Hopefully I'll get a reply soon, last week was Paris Le Bourget Meetup and they were on it with their Panthera prototype, plus Tuesday was Slovenian national holiday so hopefully we'll get a reply Monday.

Just to mention, I was on Zeltweg airshow today, was hoping for Pipistrel to appear with their Panthera. They didn't. *disappointed face*

@niebieski: The Virus is a really nice aircraft, a guy named Matevž Lenarčič (my sister's boyfriend's uncle, just to mention, hehe) flew it across the world in the GreenLight World Flight challenge. He recently flew from Slovenia to Canada and back with it. Amazing what you can do with this little aircraft.

Thanks again!

Mat

• 2 weeks later...

I got a reply,

they are not done with flight testing, so we'll have to wait with the flight model a tad longer. The work on the Panthera didn't stop though, we're still working on it.

We're not devoting all of our time to the development since we got families and it's summer time at the moment which means we go out a lot. Plus we're on another project, see a development picture here:

post-8336-0-64186800-1374142521_thumb.pn

Hope you understand.

Mat

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The project is on hold till the XLS is published and till Pipistrel provides us with additional info.

Yes, it is really nice to see the aircraft in real life and get the chance to take photos of it and maybe ask someone about the aircraft. We have Pipistrel for this, since they're the only one who have the Panthera.

Sorry for the news, but make sure you follow XLS' development, it'll go faster now, hopefully.

Mat

• 3 months later...

Hate to be bothersome, but another developer has released it's own Panthera. If you don't hurry up and get yours out, they will steal all of your sales. Not many people will be willing to buy both. 

Not trying to be mean or rush you, but that's the reality of it. 

Cheers, 

NR

Yeah, I know. We're still developing, it will also take some time.

Don't want to be arrogant or anything but everyone who will want quality will wait for ours. Others are just impatient or really just want to play.

That's my statement, not going to ruin their work with my opinion so I'm just going to shut my mouth.

Have some cookies now. ....and yes, I have rebuilt it.

xrealsimpantheranew.png

update.png

Mat

Edited by brent123
  • Upvote 2

Hey Mat, ya know I really consider you as a nice guy, Love to speak with you on FB etc

But you shouldn't say " everyone who will want quality will wait for ours "

Harranssor makes great work also, his Eclipse and DA-42 are very high standards, and he is just into these kind of modern plane, he know how to make hem quickly etc

I understand what you can feel, but speaking bad is probably one of the worst thing to do ...

Good luck my friend