Saab 340A Preview and Announcement! - June 24th, 2013

Cameron

Hi, Folks!,

Today we're showing off another quick set of previews for the Saab 340A, and along with it we are announcing something we feel is quite exciting!

In addition to all the liveries you have previously seen (and the more that you will see) created by Theo, we are extremely excited to announce that Leen de Jager has been secretly working on liveries for this aircraft as well! For those of you that don't know (if you've been living on the moon), Leen is a very talented artist who has provided the community with many free, quality liveries in the past. You can see some of his work here.

The following Silver Airways livery is one that Leen produced for us (my personal favorite). In the coming days we'll continue to show more of his work! :)

The scenery in the screenshots is the amazing Wilmington 2.0.

Enjoy!

Want to see past previews? Click here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Upvote 10

What an amazing aircraft! I think what would be cool is that with this phenomenal Silver Airways livery, Leen should make also the Delta and Northwest Airlink liveries with the same registration. You would then have that particular Saab's three generations of service!

Anticipation .. truly delicious heheh!

Thanks for the new screenshots too btw ... they keep me company @ work and even non simmers have commented on how fantastic the SAAB looks; bring it ON!

Edited by Kris Pryo
  • Upvote 1

This is looking superb!  (Primary FSX user here....  *hides*)  I will be getting it for sure!

What an amazing aircraft! I think what would be cool is that with this phenomenal Silver Airways livery, Leen should make also the Delta and Northwest Airlink liveries with the same registration. You would then have that particular Saab's three generations of service!

I agree..  I loved seen the old Mesaba SF34's fly by!  Miss the red tail NWA in general...

(forum won't let me post {photographed by me} old school Saab pic :(   )post-10212-0-63680400-1372126389_thumb.j

Hello dear Cameron.                                                                                                                                                       Your SAAB model looking good, thank You. May i get Your answer at my several questions:                                        1- will You create Your SAAB model for Outerra 3D engine too in future? If yes- will You adapted Your model SAAB- 340(A) for Outerra coming soon?   2- Can You created reflection at the glass into pilot cabin? For example- more or less glass reflection view FSX default models have.  3- Can You tell about engine sounds for model? May i to hear it now? =) 4- Can You tell now about CDU for 340B model- which model do You planning to install- UNS-1Lw(http://www.uasc.com/products/uns1lw.aspx) or previous, other models?

Thats all questions now. Thank You for Your attention.

Edited by UR67393

Well they are developing for X-Plane so I would doubt they will port it to the Outerra engine as it would cause even more work for them. Since they are working on releasing more models for XP I am sure most of the community would prefer they work on those first. That being said you never know...

I'd SAY once LES releases the 340A they'll still have their work cut out for a while, specifically on the Citation and 747-series aircraft. Plus updates to existing models. 

I certainly don't envision them porting anything to Outerra any time soon.

-NR

Well they are developing for X-Plane so I would doubt they will port it to the Outerra engine as it would cause even more work for them. Since they are working on releasing more models for XP I am sure most of the community would prefer they work on those first. That being said you never know...

Now Outerra community may yet be small (but who knows for sure, and with confidence?), But I think that now it is not particularly significant. I am sure that the community Outerra over time will be more and more in-Outerra encouraging development, prospects and often excellent reviews of users and developers of add-ons. I believe that the model SAAB into Outerra have good prospect, let's wait for the answer with the opinion of the developer.

1- will You create Your SAAB model for Outerra 3D engine too in future?

No, we will not be developing for Outerra 3D. This model is strictly for X-Plane.

2- Can You created reflection at the glass into pilot cabin? For example- more or less glass reflection view FSX default models have.

This is already in place. Depending on sun angle you will see various glares.

3- Can You tell about engine sounds for model? May i to hear it now? =)

Other than the fact they sound awesome I can't reveal anymore at this time.

4- Can You tell now about CDU for 340B model- which model do You planning to install- UNS-1Lw(http://www.uasc.com/...cts/uns1lw.aspx) or previous, other models?

This is the 340A model and it's way too early to be discussing B at this time.

• Upvote 1

Now Outerra community may yet be small (but who knows for sure, and with confidence?), But I think that now it is not particularly significant. I am sure that the community Outerra over time will be more and more in-Outerra encouraging development, prospects and often excellent reviews of users and developers of add-ons. I believe that the model SAAB into Outerra have good prospect, let's wait for the answer with the opinion of the developer.

Another thing. This is their job. To my knowledge you cannot purchase upgrades to Outerra past paying for the game.

No, we will not be developing for Outerra 3D. This model is strictly for X-Plane.

This is already in place. Depending on sun angle you will see various glares.

Other than the fact they sound awesome I can't reveal anymore at this time.

This is the 340A model and it's way too early to be discussing B at this time.

Good news about glass reflection and engine sounds, thank You. It will be an excellent model(!).

And realy pity not for Outerra too. Thank again and Best Regards.