iomagico

Mitsubishi Mu-2 1.5 high taxi speed

I'm facing some taxiing problems.

Moo looks overpowered on ground and it's very hard to taxi at correct speed.

Only way I found is with reverse on all the time and hard use of brakes (really unusual to me).

Following check list from cold and dark.

Windows 8 64 bit on latest x-plane version, 64 bit.

Only way I found is with reverse on all the time and hard use of brakes (really unusual to me).

Welcome to the real world!  :)   Taxiing in a Moo does indeed require beta (reverse) region.  or routinely going in and out of beta range to control taxi speeds...so that is perfectly normal.    I have an audio tape of my taxiing in  a Moo where we go in and out of reverse every few seconds to keep taxi speeds under control.

TomK

• Upvote 3

Welcome to the real world! :) Taxiing in a Moo does indeed require beta (reverse) region. or routinely going in and out of beta range to control taxi speeds...so that is perfectly normal. I have an audio tape of my taxiing in a Moo where we go in and out of reverse every few seconds to keep taxi speeds under control.

TomK

I just realized that !!!

I fly the Moo on xplane from the very first release but don't remember such heavy use of reverse on taxiing.

Or maybe...I need to restart flying this joy like a novice has to do.

Tom...I was waiting for this moment for more than 18 months.

Now I can say it worth this wait.

My compliment,

new Moo is a joy.

Thanks again

Angelo

Edited by iomagico
  • Upvote 1

This is the same in the Caravan as well.  I often have to use beta while taxiing or it gets going too fast.  However, some of our caravans at work have different prop rigging.  Some are so messed up they accelerate when you go into beta and don't really do anything in reverse except make a lot of noise.

It's an intensive reverse plane on the ground and you can taxi very well with that. Just try to assign an axe of you hardware to control REV and you'll be happy.

The MU-2 is by far my favourite aircraft, a lot of pain to master but when you handle it well, it's dream.

It's smooth, nimble and very fast, climbs like a rocket and descends are very smooth.

She's not a Marquise, she is a Princess :) but Trim it again and again each time you change power ou CL settings.

Sorry for my poor english.