FS Global Real Weather ... coming to XP soon?

pryoski

Tootling around on the internet .. saw this ...

FS Global Real Weather is a fast loading, easy to use, weather engine for Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Flight Simulator 2004 (from V1.7) and Lockheed Martins Prepar3D. We are planning to support X-Plane in the near future.

Edited by Kris Pryo

• 5 months later...

Hi... any news about global real weather for xplane??? Will it work as the internet weather so that clouds dont pop up suddenly and you will have clouds only where clouds are reported??? 

I think xplane needs a program to have upper winds and clear air turbolences... and also more reliable icing and coverage over the oceans. I am flying over the atlantic now and I have only 14kts wind at 35000ft. The real weather reports at least 50knt wind at this FL.

I hope this plugin is going to be available soon...

Cheers

S.

I've been using Joan's stuff for some time now and it's good.

However if we keep down-talking what developers bring to the table (or in this case, they're still planning to bring it to the table), it makes it even more difficult for them to get a toe hold into the X-Plane universe ... and I don't think that's a good thing.

Commercial developers tend to  make an environment more accessible and the product tends to be more polished and eventually more comprehensive. I like polished and comprehensive.

Flightgear is free .. no need for pricey X-Plane stuff ... big WINK ;)

Edited by Kris Pryo
  • Upvote 3

The noaa gfs plugin for xplane does all this, for free. Just Google it. No need for pricy FS stuff ;)

Sent from my HTC ONE

Hi, I know about NOAA plugin but as far as I know it creates a uniform weather for the whole area until you change area and then it updates the weather to the next area and so the weather shifts suddenly. That is annoying cause you can find yourself inside a thunderstorm straight away without seeing it from the distance. (I think it will be like going back to XP9 weather engine).

Am I right? Or things have been changed now??? I like that in XP10 you can have an area of completely clear sky and in the distance u see thunderstorm or clouds.Is NOAA working this way?Cause when I last used it it was switching to uniform weather generation.

Please let me know. 

And if someone could also explain to me the option for transition from NOAA to XP metar I would really appreciate that :P (I mean, Iknow what it does, but is there a way to have a smooth transition? Or is there a way to have just upper winds and turbolences from nooa but the rest of the weatherto be managed by XP metar?)

And someone can tell me which number I should set for the transition from xp metar to nooa? Which number gives the best results???

Thanks

S.

Edited by malombroso

That is annoying cause you can find yourself inside a thunderstorm straight away without seeing it from the distance.

That is caused by XPs weather system that generates the weather per tile (1 degree longitude x 1 degree latitude). A plugin can only tell XP the weather within that tile and XP the decides where the clouds are, where stormcells are and so on. If you enter the next tile, you will get the "next weather". This is not changeable by a plugin.

The XPGFS plugin has rather precise data so times where you fly in CAVOK conditions and find yourself in a fat thunderstorm in the next minute are over. XPGFS also enhances your cloud layers by removing the lowest and adding one on top after passing, thus giving you more clouds in upper flightlevels. It also adds turbulence what I personally find pretty neat.

Cause when I last used it it was switching to uniform weather generation

It still does but maxes XPs options out. From what I know, the weather system does not allow more.

And if someone could also explain to me the option for transition from NOAA to XP metar I would really appreciate that

Sure

I mean, Iknow what it does, but is there a way to have a smooth transition

No

Or is there a way to have just upper winds and turbolences from nooa but the rest of the weatherto be managed by XP metar

Thats what the transition does. NOAA data is not very good in lower flightlevels, here METAR data that comes straight from the airports is more precise.

And someone can tell me which number I should set for the transition from xp metar to nooa

I chose FL110. At FL100 you usually reduce speed to 250kts and thus stay there for a while. The plugin will then switch between both "weathers" many times because you are flying 9550 ft and then 10500 again. With FL110 setting, your deceleration can take place with XP or VATSIM weather.

• Upvote 1