LES DC-3 Livery Request

eaglewing7

First of all, if this is in the wrong part of the forums, please feel free to move this topic somewhere more appropriate.

The request in question is for an additional Buffalo Airways livery for the Leading Edge Simulations DC-3.

Currently C-FLFR is rendered in stunning accuracy, kudos to Theo for his excellent work.

What I would like to see made, if a painter is available for an additional project is C-GPNR.  

C-GPNR is one of the most famous DC-3's that Buffalo Airways owns, it's also one that gets the most publicity.

Here are a few pictures of the aircraft, including it's famous nose art, "Summer Wages" is a reference to Ian Tyson's song with the same title.  Joe McBryant (Buffalo Joe) is said to be a huge fan of Ian Tyson's work.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Buffalo-Airways/Douglas-C-47A-Skytra...

Thank you for your efforts in advance, if you need any additional information, I will be happy to help with the search.

Interesting idea, I like it and surely would like to do the job.

BUT, making a paint based on an blank paintkit is fine , editing and reworking an existing livery is something completely different.
Maybe you should find out, LES has objections or not, first.

Leen

Edited by Leen de Jager

Looks amazing. Great work Leen. My only comment would be that there is no Ice Pilot's logo under the cockpit windows on PNR. Other than that, it looks perfect.

Thanks for the compliments.

It isn`t that black and white Eaglewing.

This aircraft has been painted and stickered so many times , is hard to say what is actual and what not

Before starting this version I searched the internet, there I found various pictures showing the PNR having that Ice Pilots logo.

Only on the left side of the fuselage and many times not at all.

Nevertheles I has been there for sure.

Wings most of the times have green wingtips on the upper suface of the wing.

BUT the underside sometimes is completely green having registration and Buffalo text.

Sometimes just green tips and just a registration.

Sometimes with aluminium leading edges on the wings, sometimes painted black ( yes just painted, no rubber sleeves)

@ Gjalp.

I do NOT make a paint quickly.

Till now I spent only two hours on it ,using at least one hour searching the net for information prior to the job.

I have made many liveries for this bird and all textures (layersheets) are available for a second use.

This livery will have a grey panel in a green cockpit ( like the original PNR has) , no need to make that either.( it only needs some coloradjustment )

I made that one for the A65-114 earlier.

So far I did not paint a thing (except for two thin black lines) just used the default Buffalo and did just some cut and paste from "texturefiles from the shelf".

Regards

Leen

http://images2.jetphotos.net/img/4/0/7/0/75354_1357955070.jpg

2.png

Edited by Leen de Jager

I just wish The LES DC-3 would come out with a New 64bit version,Hopefully Once The Saab is released.

Hi Patrick

The DC-3 has been looked at with Gizmo 13 and 64 bit XP, and some issues have been identified which have since been fixed.  Jim has been very generous in cleaning up a big chunk of the code for us a few weeks ago.  Still a few other things need looking at but we will have a 64 bit DC-3 available not long after the Saab is out.

Leen, that's some hobby you got there!

:)

• Upvote 1

Never seen that logo before.  In some photos, it is only on the right prop (which also carries blade information), and others it is on both the left and right...

I took a look at a Transport Canada system known as CAWIS (Continued Airworthiness Web Information System) which allows you to get a look at the AD's applicable for aircraft, based on propellers, engines, etc.  

According to CAWIS, C-GPNR has Hamilton Standard 23E50-047 propellers.  But, Hamilton Standard's logo is not blue, or even remotely similar to the logo in the link.  It could be a propeller maintenance shop logo, or it could be a sponsor logo.  I have no idea.

You may need to contact Buffalo Airways and see if they can shed some light on the issue.

Hello,

some weeks before this thread started i picked up a Buffalo one for another livery paint for the LES DC3 (a bird which fascinates me making liveries for). I choose the C-GWIR 'cause it's paint scheme it most different from he default one and an interesting approach in some more modern appearance in my eyes. Remarkable is Buffalo's consistency in corporate design, the blue green colour as the constant image element – even for the cockpit crew.

So this thread took my interest of course, and i decided to put the C-GWIR in an hold position an pick up Gjalp's request for the New Zealand Southern DC3. A bird i learned to like very much during research and work, with it's classical dark blue stripes along the windows - and the Southern Cross on it's tail.

So here are some screenshots of the ZK-AMY and the C-GWIR as well (WIP at this time, still al lot of things to do)

Greetings from Munich

Andreas

post-8734-0-40938200-1371382122_thumb.pnpost-8734-0-14865300-1371382160_thumb.pnpost-8734-0-30640300-1371382179_thumb.pn

post-8734-0-58824800-1371382251_thumb.pnpost-8734-0-21180100-1371382277_thumb.pnpost-8734-0-42084800-1371382295_thumb.pn

Hello Gjalp,

Thanks for the compliments, it's really fun and interesting making that livery paint-

I'm afraid it will take a couple of weeks until it's finished- with cockpit and cabin paints included.

Greetings from Munich

Andreas

No worries, I am in no hurry as work is getting in the way of everything so simming time has been reduced to near zero!

Still, we have snow warnings for this week so I might get some time in-sim after all!!! :)

Paints are looking fantastic, and more screen shots to keep me going?

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

Hello Gjalp,

yes, will send some more screen shots the next days.

Of course it's' winter on your southern hemisphere, have to remember this,

as we are having the first really warm summer days here

(after a long and cold winter, and springtime hardly to recognize)

we enjoyed the evening with friends in a beer garden

So hope your winter won't be too cold and strong

Greetings from Munich

Andreas