DSF Scenery Packages - KHQM - Bowerman Airport

LowTransition

File Name: KHQM - Bowerman Airport

File Submitter: LowTransition

File Submitted: 27 May 2013

File Category: DSF Scenery Packages

X-Plane Version(s): X-Plane 10

Welcome to Bowerman Airport in Hoquiam, WA! This is my very first XP10 scenery package completed using WED 1.2. I have developed several other small GA fields for version 9.70 (mostly in Washington State) but recently made the move to XP10 and will now be developing only v10 packages. I apologize if this alienates any of my loyal 9.70 fans but I have finally moved up in the XPlane world and just won't be going back!

Bowerman Airport is a pleasant little GA airfield located in the Gray's Harbor region of Washington's Pacific Coast. It offers an ILS for precision approaches and a little fly-in restaurant called, "Lana's Cafe," for your $100 hamburger cravings! I strove to make this field as plausible as possible but it is by no means a picture perfect representation of the real world location. We can just imagine, for example, that, "Lana's Cafe," was such a popular and successful place that they rebuilt into a larger more modern facility!

I have wanted to build this airport for quite some time but really wanted to wait until I got XP10. The default apt.dat was really well done and thoroughly mapped out so I used that as a starting point. Once I made several minor adjustments to the default apt.dat I was ready to add objects and bring KHQM to life! While I appreciate the detailed and gorgeous looking default/lib XP10 buildings, they just weren't the right sizes for what I wanted to do with Bowerman. Therefore, I have made extensive use of Jacques Brault's lovely buildings and various other objects as well as some OpensceneryX hangars and buildings.

If you enjoy general aviation flying I think you'll really appreciate my rendition of Bowerman Airport!

Special thanks to the following folks:

Ben Supnik, the genius creator of WED, Jacques Brault for his outstanding objects, the author of the default apt.dat for KHQM (great work!), all the contributors to OpensceneryX, and to scenery guru Brian Godwin for his continued support and technical expertise!

Click here to download this file