Just was curious what other games you guys (or girls) play for starters i also play world of tanks (username:65778) war thunder (username: f5778) wowp (username same as wot) minecraft (not sharing username) and have played both portal and portal 2 (as well as over 500 addon maps for pt2)

As far as world of tanks goes i have reached tier 7 and play td's in war thunder i'm rank 4 british but i started playing the game yesterday so it's not a bad start in wowp i'm tier 5 (given my unfair skill advantage) and i am a redstone expert in minecraft having built 4 bit computers featuring user friendly gui's i also hold the world record for world smallest minecraft t-flip flop with a one block wide design that's five blocks long and 3 blocks tall i also hold the world record for smallest minecraft computer capable of playing minecraft

I play minecraft, but I'm not too amazing with redstone. Have played WoT, but I've been playing world of warplanes instead. Just picked up Surgeon Simulator 2013 on Steam lol. Play some FPS's, but I'm not a cod gamer. Play TF2, Chivalry:Medieval warfare and that's about it. Also have farming simulator lol. I feel guilty when I list all these games that are holding me back from X-Plane lol.

World of Tanks if the TiVo Box is not eating up my Internet when I need to kill something. Other than that its Skyrim at the mo as the lack of joystick has me grounded. In the past I have played WoW, Rift, Secret World, Battlefield 2, CoD and Eve Online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

About the only game(s) I've got time for are GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas. They've got everything.

Tried (and got bored with) Medal of Honor, MW3, IGI and IGI2. Just haven't got the attention-span/interest any more.  Not helped by the range of crapware in GAME these days. I avoid any title by Excalibur Publishing on the grounds that it's not worth the CD it's printed on.

If I want a quick 10-minute shoot-em-up, Tactical Ops fits the bill.

World of Tanks if the TiVo Box is not eating up my Internet when I need to kill something. Other than that its Skyrim at the mo as the lack of joystick has me grounded. In the past I have played WoW, Rift, Secret World, Battlefield 2, CoD and Eve Online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i have no such problems thankfully I have 2 routers one of which is for my flight sim the other is my houses wifi average speed is 2mb/s download so it's really funny whenever people complain about lag

I tried WoT years ago but got fed up with it - I hate games where you can pay real-world money to gain a limited in-game advantage..

Game I've played the most recently is Max Payne 2. There's something satisfying about walking round corners in slow motion shooting people in the head.

And Microsoft Access. I love that game.

These days it's a lot of Cities in Motion 2. I love to watch how my decisions and design impacts the traffic flow.

Other than that I like to play strategy games in general. Such as Company of Heroes (and soon CoH2!) and Sim City.

I play Minecraft now and then when I'm bored and run a server my 12 year old sister and her friends can play on, and I help them with redstone related things.

I don't like first person shooters where you're running around like crazy and shoot at anything, yet I haven't developed a big interest in Arma either. So I've always been playing on "tactical realism" servers for CoD4, CoD:WAW, and now Battlefield 3.

Edited by OlaHaldor

I got into rFactor a few years ago.  It is only for Windows, so I ran it on the Mac via Boot Camp.  The physics was less convincing than Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix series, but what attracted me were the add-ons, like the Le Mans 24 circuit with choices of 1972 or 1991 layout and scenery, and cars of all ages and types.

However, driving a simulator can not match the sensations of driving a car.  Not remotely.  It doesn't mean they're not useful to someone learning circuits, as flight simulators are useful to someone learning instruments and navigation.  I often have this in mind when reading luke-warm comments from real pilots about X-Plane or FSX.

Ignoring the 2D screen and lack of g-forces, which is a handicap for all desktop simulators currently, my greatest criticism of most driving simulators, including rFactor, is the amount of work one has to do to keep it in a straight line.

In the end, once the novelty of all the fabulous and beautiful cars and scenery had worn off, my interest waned.  Even so,  I would certainly recommend it for anyone who enjoys driving simulators, because it is the best of its kind.  

Guy.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Let's see, only looks like I've booted up two games outside of X-Plane 10 in the last 8 months or so: GT Legends and Borderlands 2.  I've also been playing a lot of chess tactics problems on Chesstempo.com.  I still have a dismal rating, but it's nice to see my rating slowly develop and easily see the solution to problems that would've stumped me a couple months ago.