757 series for X-Plane 10 by ramzzess&philipp

HarryCYUL

I agree, landing gear's way too long.  Also, I love their beacon on top of the fuselage.  One problem - the light flashes, but the glow on the body only happens between flashes, instead of at the same time.

Also, the lighting on the glareshield - I couldn't see any obvious lighting source.  If you show the light from a lamp, you need to show where the lamp is.

Awesome looking plane tho.

this one's a significant step up from the 777-200LR, though peter's right, the gear compression is way too high, the legs are the right length, but the gears should be compressed more, even at zero weight. Tire size for the main gears is correct, but the nose gear should be a bit larger and closer together. Also, there's cargo doors on the left side, there shouldn't be, and that's about it really, this one really looks nice!

for reference, this is a 757 at almost zero extra weight

American_Airlines_B757-200_port_wing_roo

Edited by Michael_Chang
  • Upvote 4

I have the 777 which has IMO great systems modelling. The immersion factor is not so great however with outward appearance, cockpit modelling, fan blades, sounds etc etc etc not good enough for the money (the CRJ has much better immersion in that regard). I won't be buying the 757 until the 777 is updated to address the issues I mentioned - the developer has been made aware of all these issues by many posters on the org site which is why I am somewhat surprised it appears they have already 'moved on'. The team needs to engage someone who can help with the aesthetics side of things!

Edited by Thywillbedone
  • Upvote 1

Actually you might be suprised the 777 is boeings second most complex aircraft (the first being the 787) well the 757 is from the mid-80's so there actually aren't that many systems to model the only notable one's being the fmc and autopilot

I think PMDG would disagree with that statement.  They posted months ago that the 777 is incredibly complex to simulate and that redoing the 744 ( the next airliner project) would have been easier to do first.  

If you correctly model the modes of the FBW system I bet that gets a bit more complex.  How  about even modeling the basic systems like the engine control system properly so that when you enter a assumed temp the N1 does not increase LOL.  I had a engine fail on the thing and my other engine was stuck in derated mode because EEC alt mode is not simulated.   

You could never use the QRH with this plane...   I tried on a engine failure after takeoff. 

The sounds...   The gear sounds and apu and flaps are WAY WAY WAY over done,  they sound in the cockpit as if you are outside the plane.  To me that kills the immersion.  Also whats up with the taxi light that does not turn with the nose gear.   This is a 80 dollar plane.     

Waiting for the IXEG plane... Until then I will enjoy the lovely majestic Q400 I just got for FSX...   I am not spending anymore of my money on planes from R+P  in my opinion the 777 was on the level of captain sim, with the R+P plane being better than a CS plane in the navigation system and how routes are drawn on the ND ( BTW I have to give credit there..  that is well done) 

The reason for my comparison to CS is to me they have the same philosophy, pump em out fast, recycle the systems 

Edited by mike10
  • Upvote 1

<snip>

If you correctly model the modes of the FBW system I bet that gets a bit more complex.  How  about even modeling the basic systems like the engine control system properly so that when you enter a assumed temp the N1 does not increase LOL.  I had a engine fail on the thing and my other engine was stuck in derated mode because EEC alt mode is not simulated.   

You could never use the QRH with this plane...   I tried on a engine failure after takeoff. 

The sounds...   The gear sounds and apu and flaps are WAY WAY WAY over done,  they sound in the cockpit as if you are outside the plane.  To me that kills the immersion.  Also whats up with the taxi light that does not turn with the nose gear.   This is a 80 dollar plane.     

Waiting for the IXEG plane... Until then I will enjoy the lovely majestic Q400 I just got for FSX...   I am not spending anymore of my money on planes from R+P  in my opinion the 777 was on the level of captain sim, with the R+P plane being better than a CS plane in the navigation system and how routes are drawn on the ND ( BTW I have to give credit there..  that is well done) 

The reason for my comparison to CS is to me they have the same philosophy, pump em out fast, recycle the systems 

Good post! I tend to agree with your perspectives here ... except the PMDG part as I only know of them by reputation.

I tried FSX once upon a time and decided I wouldn't spend any more time with it as the 'feel' wasn't right for me.

I did get the 777 @ the .Org Store and also find it a tad disappointing. I wish I'd bought the A350 heli now.

So .. I'll stick to regional turboprops (Jetstream!!) until IXEG come out and/or the CRJ-200 gets the 64 bit lovin' ... whichever comes first!

Edited by Kris Pryo

All I said was that the 757 was a considerably simpler plane them a 777 is never said that ramzzess 777 was good in fact i even said that the 777 was a very complex aircraft. So please calm down sir.

Sorry about that I misread your post. I agree the 757 is a simpler plane but I still don't trust the non navigation systems to be accurate. 

Good post! I tend to agree with your perspectives here ... except the PMDG part as I only know of them by reputation.

I tried FSX once upon a time and decided I wouldn't spend any more time with it as the 'feel' wasn't right for me.

I did get the 777 @ the .Org Store and also find it a tad disappointing. I wish I'd bought the A350 heli now.

So .. I'll stick to regional turboprops (Jetstream!!) until IXEG come out and/or the CRJ-200 gets the 64 bit lovin' ... whichever comes first!

When the IXEG plane comes out you will see what a difference it is and in my opinion how much better the simming experience is when you fly a plane that you can grab the real life manuals and items work as they should. Their is a reason the IXEG guys  and other companies like them ( PMDG, FSlabs, Majestic) take YEARS to come out with a plane.   

• Upvote 1

hey guys! Hiroshi just got back to me regarding the 757, in his own words "seems okay" which is quite amazing, coming from him XD

in any case, he did find a few issues.

936508_4989677863927_1845358795_n.jpg?oh

According to Hiroshi, ramzzess designed those two flaps to be flush against the wing, when the second flap should actually not be touching it.

943361_4989694544344_225926098_n.jpg?oh=

935359_4989699824476_1827966685_n.jpg?oh

He also noted, the starboard forward door is too large, they aren't in fact symmetrical, the one on the right is smaller than the one on the left

He also commented on the height of the landing gears, which ramzzess has already acknowledged.

That is all.

Edited by Michael_Chang
  • Upvote 1

hey guys! Hiroshi just got back to me regarding the 757, in his own words "seems okay" which is quite amazing, coming from him XD

in any case, he did find a few issues.

936508_4989677863927_1845358795_n.jpg?oh

According to Hiroshi, ramzzess designed those two flaps to be flush against the wing, when the second flap should actually not be touching it.

943361_4989694544344_225926098_n.jpg?oh=

935359_4989699824476_1827966685_n.jpg?oh

He also noted, the starboard forward door is too large, they aren't in fact symmetrical, the one on the right is smaller than the one on the left

He also commented on the height of the landing gears, which ramzzess has already acknowledged.

That is all.

seriously dude, what's with all the criticism lately:  1st it was the E170 SSG and now the 757.  LOL it's a $60-80 addon for a home civilian simulator/game...........It's not $60 million.  Stay in school, study and try to create the same or better because I downloaded your freeware a while ago and it quickly got deleted off my hard drive faster than you can say "xplane". 

seriously dude, what's with all the criticism lately:  1st it was the E170 SSG and now the 757.  LOL it's a $60-80 addon for a home civilian simulator/game...........It's not $60 million.  Stay in school, study and try to create the same or better because I downloaded your freeware a while ago and it quickly got deleted off my hard drive faster than you can say "xplane". 

Harry, you try to create one the same or better, you're arguing against me using remarks that are completely irrelevant. Just because I can't do better doesn't mean I can't middle man for Mr. Igami's criticisms, which are all constructive, provide fix options and are well informed and accurate. I've discussed multiple times with him about coming here to offer up his own insights, however given the attitude towards criticism in this forum, he'd probably get a LOT of hate. One doesn't need building talent to find know how to compare the model to the real aircraft.

On a slightly different note, I am glad that we see eye-to-eye on my 767 (which I assume is the one you are talking about)

• Upvote 2

Fly planes that have a potato exterior the next time you start off x-plane, clearly you dont like accuracy and prefer flying potatoes :D

• Upvote 1