Ben Russell

Gizmo 64bit beta

102 posts in this topic

Gizmo 13.04.19.1721 64bit - beta

Mac64 and Win64 archives attached.

This is a test release, expect bugs and rough edges.

Please report all feedback here.

2013.06.10 - All files have been removed to prevent compatability issues with future products.

The current version is: 13.04.22.0042 (Below):

The following is the previous version people have reported with bugs:

Edited by Ben Russell
Updated attachements.

Hi, All,

To further elaborate on Ben's original posting here, we are seeking general feedback and issues you see with Gizmo installed in your X-Plane/resources/plugins folder.

Please note that this version of Gizmo will NOT run any X-Aviation add-ons, but will run any scripts someone makes. Even if you do not have products that currently use Gizmo, we would highly appreciate your participation in testing this out. We want to know of any sound clashes you see, if you have any issues when running SASL driven aircraft (777, Carenado, etc), and any performance or crashing issues you may see, if any.

Thanks all for taking the time to download, install, and check this out!

If you are an X-Aviation customer and have our products currently installed:

Please go into your X-Plane/resources/plugins folder and temporarily remove your current gizmo.plugin folder prior to installing this new one. This will allow you to replace your old Gizmo folder back when you want to run X-Aviation products in 32-bit again!

I run Gizmo with an FPS Limiter enabled.

This will make X-Plane run at about 30 fps, keeping my laptop cooler.

This video gives a quick demo of how to configure the FPS Limiter:

Point and click plugin extension management...

Most of the items you can see listed in ToyBox are developer quality tinker toys for messing with and verifying / bug-testing Gizmo.

Some are broken. Most do work to some degree.

If you have issues with them you can remove the folder in <X-Plane>/Resources/plugins/Gizmo.plugin/firmware/autoload/ that matches the name of the item giving you trouble.

These toys and others will be upgraded and released over time.

File Browser:

( Gizmo is a dev tool, I make stuff for developers, not necessarily pilots... bear with me.. :) )

Awesome, thanks Ben!

Has the API been updated, or will that follow at a later date?

API docs will be updated soon.

(They're built by scripts that process the project files and a lot of the project structure has changed dramatically..)

Thanks to Ben for the work!

Test with Carenado, STMA, several aircraft from both without any problem. I look forward with great expectations to final version

Edited by Julio Viana

Test with Carenado, STMA, several aircraft from both without any problem. I look forward with great expectations to final version

Thank you for doing that. If you don't mind, your continued use of it would be great! :)

Ben and Cameron, Have tested with the DDen Callenger 300 and the JARDesign A320neo and works well. However, I noticed that everytime I resume from pause my FPS drops to between 1 - 4 ... I just click on the reboot Gizmo flash symbol and FPS clips along at a steady 30 again (love the FPS limiter!). 

However, I noticed that everytime I resume from pause my FPS drops to between 1 - 4 ... I just click on the reboot Gizmo flash symbol and FPS clips along at a steady 30 again (love the FPS limiter!). 

Does this happen irrelevant of which aircraft you have open (such as the default C172)?

Thanks, Kris!

One other thought here folks...could you please post which OS you tried this on?

Further testing .... FlyJSim Dash 8, default C172 Cessna, default C90B KingAir, Carenado Baron 58, Carenado C208 & Carenado C337 Skymaster.

All work well, however same issue with the resume from pause. A bit more detail with that, it appears that the fps starts to count down a digit per second as soon as I hit pause and when I resume, if I leave it be (e.g. I don't reboot Gizmo) the fps starts to rise up again at the same rate that it went down and stabilizes @ 30 (my Gizmo fps preset).

Note also that the fps indicator I'm referring to is the default X-Plane fps indicator ... when I get the fps anomaly, the Gizmo fps indicator shows a flat 30!

Cheers,

The EDIT: OK .. the reason I think the Gizmo fps indicator shows a flat 30 when XP is actually dropping into single digits is because the Gizmo panel pauses along with the rest of the sim ... while the XP fps counter doesn't as it's just displaying the datarefs for fps 'outside' of sim.

Edited by Kris Pryo

Thanks for the thorough info, Kris, and for taking the time to further test against other products! It's very much appreciated! :)

Hi Ben

I assume to test this I do a straight replacement of the Gizmo 32 folder with the Gizmo64 folder downloaded.  Correct?

If so I have a crash with Win64 / XP10.21b2.  Flying the AS350b3 by Nemeth Design, Dreamfoil at Tampere-Pikala from Truscenery.

Log files attached (with and without Gizmo) along with the Gizmolog.  You'll see I have a lot of plugins active.  Some global but the aircraft has five itself.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Log+gizmo.txt

I assume to test this I do a straight replacement of the Gizmo 32 folder with the Gizmo64 folder downloaded.  Correct?

To be clear...you need to completely remove your old gizmo.plugin folder and replace it with the new one (as if you never had Gizmo before). This ensures all the firmware gets moved over correctly.

Also, please trying to go to a default airport with little scenery around and see if the crash happens then.

Thats what I said I did. 

I have now replaced the AS350B3 with the default C90B and all is fine.  No crash, no log errors.  So there is a clash with the AS350B3.

As an aside when I run the AS350B3 I get a popup window of the Gizmo console.  Don't get this with the C90B. 

Thats what I said I did.

No, you said you assumed. We don't want to leave room for assumption, so clarification was provided.

I have now replaced the AS350B3 with the default C90B and all is fine. No crash, no log errors. So there is a clash with the AS350B3.

Possibly DreamEngine related. Anyone else have this addon and can try it?

Thats what I said I did.

As an aside when I run the AS350B3 I get a popup window of the Gizmo console.

Can you post a screenshot?

Last bit of info before I go out for the night.

I returned to the AS350b3 at Tampere-Pirkala and got these screenshots of the Gizmo console just before the crash occured.

The second screenshot was actually taken first.

post-4909-0-74104100-1366532938_thumb.pn

post-4909-0-38925600-1366532997_thumb.pn

Edited by pmorris

Thanks for your beta testing Phil.

The issue is that the AS350B plugin is sending data across the "Inter Plugin Comms" functions.

I've seen this clash once before but had forgotten about it.

I should be able to fix this inside Gizmo, re-release and all is well for both parties.

I'm still curious why the AS350B plugin is sending random data to random plugins though...

We should have enough data on this issue for now to resolve it, thanks again.

Further testing .... FlyJSim Dash 8, default C172 Cessna, default C90B KingAir, Carenado Baron 58, Carenado C208 & Carenado C337 Skymaster.

All work well, however same issue with the resume from pause. A bit more detail with that, it appears that the fps starts to count down a digit per second as soon as I hit pause and when I resume, if I leave it be (e.g. I don't reboot Gizmo) the fps starts to rise up again at the same rate that it went down and stabilizes @ 30 (my Gizmo fps preset).

Note also that the fps indicator I'm referring to is the default X-Plane fps indicator ... when I get the fps anomaly, the Gizmo fps indicator shows a flat 30!

Cheers,

The EDIT: OK .. the reason I think the Gizmo fps indicator shows a flat 30 when XP is actually dropping into single digits is because the Gizmo panel pauses along with the rest of the sim ... while the XP fps counter doesn't as it's just displaying the datarefs for fps 'outside' of sim.

Thanks for the report and detailing.

I don't pause my sim very often, never noticed this, will fix.

Thanks for catching this. 

At Tampere-Pirkkala I removed the Dreamfoil plugin - same crash occurred.

My guess would be that this is the memory allocation bug in high memory usage areas for Windows. I believe this is slated for a fix in 10.3 according to Supnik.

Thanks for the screenshots. That definitely helps.

Hi guys,

I can confirm the two reported bugs (framerate loss on pause, Event Inspector crash) when testing the IXEG 733 with the latest gizmo beta in 64bit.

The framerate does not recover for me, though (I have the framerate limiter off).

I also get random crashes (X-Plane has stopped working) when in areas with lots of objects (like NYC) - dropping objects to a lower setting seems to help.

Overall I get very good results with this beta, and haven´t spotted anything not working on our prototype as before. Yet. ;)

Jan

Edit: also captured this guy:

post-3933-0-87047900-1366573024_thumb.jp

Edited by Litjan