What aircraft types would you like us to do most?

Cameron

What category of aircraft do you prefer?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What category of aircraft do you prefer?

• Regional (CRJ, Turboprop, etc)
    • General Aviation (Cessna 172, B200, etc)
    • Heavy Metal (737, 747, etc)
    • Fighters (you like speed!)

Hi, all,

In an effort to see where the community stands, X-Aviation would like to find out what type of aircraft add-ons you all are most interested in. Please select a category to vote on from above, and then respond here with a list up to three of your favorite aircraft types that you would love to see produced by us.

Heavies, please.  Having said that most seem to be at some stage of development throughout the various forums and there is the "secret" project over at XPFW (747?).  Obviously all of the highest current freeware heavies have their own particular strengths and weaknesses.  X737 (v4...?) has good systems, probably good obj modelling in V4 but no 3D pit, XPJ 777 we are yet to see the final but I expect it will have great obj, flight model and vector graphics cockpit but maybe weaker on "systems.  Then XPFW 757 - a classic - beautiful to fly and the first of a new generation but a bit "tired" now.  Rather than go on - if I had my choice of a "platinum" standard heavy (or two..) they would be (in order).  I have flown a few times now on the A380 (and again in a week) and it's very comfortable but I think lacking the "grace" of the three I list below and if I get an A340 I get to play with Airbus FBW, AP anyway.....

B747-400

B777-300

A340

best to all

Beej

C-208, DHC6

I'm sorry to say, I see it is the top vote right now, but I don't get the point why all people want the heavies. I can't imagine something more boring to do than turning some knobs, programming a route, switching on the AP and finishing a some hours long flight with a auto-land system. You not even need a yoke or pedals to fly a heavy in a sim. On the positive side: You have enough free time to clean the house while your plane flies. Bring in some more votes to the GA-category, people! :(;)(And don't take me too serious on that one....)

471 flights, 273:52 hours.  (that's my current stats in fseconomy, can't say for "all time", but my preferences kept nearly the same over the years). So instead take-off/landing every 3.2 hours, I have that pleasure every 0.5 hours. I really, really like it more that way.

edit: forgot my third wish ;) one more vote for the B200 or any other Beechcraft Twin.

Isn't Tom doing a B200? It looks really great. I've actually had the pleasure of starting one up in real life.

I went to Charleston West Virginia with my dad for Dow stuff and on our way back I was sitting in the lobby and the co-pilot and I got started talking about flying and then flight sims and then he asked me if I wanted to go out to the plane with him and start it up for us. It was really great ;)

Hey everyone,

I picked the GA aircraft and out of the 3 that I want I have picked:

1) Piper Tomahawk

2)CT4b airtrainer (NZ Airforce had them as trainers and then as aerobatic aircraft)

3)PC6 Pilatus Porter Turbo (great for doing landings at Mt Cook NZMC)

After that I would love to see some classic 1930's 40's aircraft (the original air racers, the D18s, Howard 500 etc...).

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

Cameron, you sure know how to liven up this forum with a question like that!

I also am a fan of the heavies. I like tinkering with all the systems. I've always had a fascination for something so big with so many people gliding through the air. But I'm not the sort that likes to turn on the FMS and just let it go. I at least want to change radios as I navigate along the charts.

I would love to see someone really do justice to the venerable DC-3. I mean a real top-notch model with accurate, antiquated systems. I'm actually surprised no one has suggested that yet. Don't you folks think we should honor that marvelous bird with a quality model?

I saw Embraer pop up a few times reading the other posts. I would be happy to plunk down my money for the ERJ-180. It has sentimental value.