What file to edit for N number?

Gentleman, I would like to add N242BM  registration number to the cockpit. I have some image editing skills and would be able to do that  but I need to know what file do I edit. There are so many of them and I can not find the right one.

Thank you. Cheers, AJ  ;)

Well... Cockpit_Main.png is your file.. but the pixel resolution is not so big to add a number registration so I would go to the Cockpit_Seats.png where you can find the yoke and next to the jetstream super31 up or down you can add it. Enough pixel res there.

I took a look at the Cockpit_Seats.png but that is not a good location for the N Number. 

See attached, the JS32 N Number location.PNG  screen shot shows the main panel I have set up for most of the flying.

Is there any way to put the N Number in this area, even if it is weird location like window frame on the left?

I also tried to put the number as red circle show on Cockpit_Main with N Number.PNG but I guess it is not mapped tp the area I thought it was , left upper corner of the cockpit.

Javier, it is not a necessity but if you do not mind pointing me in the right area of the cockpit file, I would give it a try.

Thank you,. Cheers, AJ 

post-1109-0-15751100-1362927910_thumb.pn

post-1109-0-22720600-1362927933_thumb.pn

the red areas you mark are behind the copilot, near the fuse circuit breakers wall. As said the pixel resolution in the cockpit texture is not enough to give you a good number registration. In the Cockpit_Seats you can put it in the yoke park. I think that is a good position to put it.

Hi Javier, I think I have found a solution. 

Cockpit_Seats file did not really work for me because I wanted the registration number to be visible in the main cockpit view.

I scaled down the placard to make room and added text. :D

Looks great to me. What do you think? Cheers, AJ 

post-1109-0-16964000-1363055515_thumb.pn

well.. you could investigate more and could do it by yourself. You could make a square polygon in blender and export it with correct size and orientation to OBJ format. Then in J32 or any other plane could load that OBJ and move it to the right location you wish. That way you could put your Number in every 3D cockpit you wish.

At the end.. do those things sometimes is more fun that flying! 

Edited by Japo32

just make an square polygon.. assign it a texture with your number. Align it to be seen by the pilot. Move the polygon to the 0,0,0 coordinates and export it as xplane OBJ. Load it in planamaker in misc objects menu. Move the polygon to the place you want with the position numbers in planemaker. You have a registration number in your cockpit. Not easy to do but fun for sure!