Pilot and copilot

Javier, you wrote page 20:

This panel is simulated to work separatelly the instruments of the pilot and the copilot. It is done

that way, first because is the way that is done in real plane, but also because I am searching the posibility

of sharing cockpits online so a pilot and a copilot could fly together. Of course nothing is promised,

but the posibility is just there. Even x-plane 9 already had that posibiltiy implemented but the problem is

that the system to make it, is not very friendly. As said I will investigate more.

Do you find a way to do it ?

If you do it you will be a super heroe, greater than Joselito, Superman, Alonso, Super Mario.

If you do it, i am first on the list to have a fly with Cessna729 as instructor, to improve my "piloting" and my English.

If you do it for the CRJ, you will be a half God, as Hercules was. No more, no less.

Smacks to Inma and Teo.

I wish.. but the work to be done is to Austin. I tested it and the only I could have is 2 pilots.. ok.. but only one could manage the switches. So the other just watching. If you all want it you have to ask Laminar to do it. I believe the multiplayer cooperative option in all flight sims is very important.. but I guess there is no time to implement it.

I believe it is so important becuase it let people learn.. and also have fun with other human. Always best than flying alone.

The J32 as the Mentor are prepared for that. The CRJ200 would need some work.

Edited by Japo32

Does this mean that we have to create a petition in Causes and annoy all our facebook friends to sign the petition? 
Seriously, This could be a great thing. Even more if it could be done remotely, not just on a LAN. Implementing it with a dedicated cockpit radio channel for communications. I hate texting while flying.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Javier,

SmartCopilot is now mature.

I bought two planes ( A320 Néo and Carenado Baron58 ) just for their ability to fly with a copilot. ( using SmartCopilot of course ).

Your simulation of the Jetsream is really done and ready for 2 pilots.

A configuration file for your plane is delivered with the KLN90B 3D, but it is only a pré beta.

Could you join Rhard and give him some advice to achieve this .cfg ?

Claude.

had you tried with it? does it fly without any problem with an online copilot? If that is true that is really great news!!! (not because of the plane.. but because someone managed to create a way to fly together same cockpit!) Another plane is ready in my hangar is the Mentor.

Javier,

I curently fly with 2 of my friends with the Baron and the Néo. It is really fantastic.

You should test this plugin.

The more difficult is probably to find between 1 and 2 hours of your time.

Easier: find a copilot with a JS32 licence.

Download the trial licence ( 20 minutes of connection ) here:

http://xsmart-plane.com/smartcopilot/

As usual, copy the plugin in the plugin folder.

Download the .zip of the 3D KLN 90B for the Jetstream here:

http://xsmart-plane.com/3d-kln90b/.

Inside you will find the config file for your jetstream. .( it is called:smartcopilot.cfg ). Paste it in the main directory of the JS32.

Port forwarding: redirect port 10000 TCP and 55478 UDP in both boxes.

Launch X-Plane: both pilots must be on the same airport, same gate. Both must have same settings for runway follow contour.

In settings / net connection / multiplayer / check nothing is ticked.

Open the plugin:

Create a new connection with the IP of your copilot.

Connect as master ( pic 1 ).

3 seconds later, the copilot launch the connection as slave ( pic 2 ). With your IP of course.

Done.

The .cfg is not complete, but enough to have an good idea of what the plugin can do.

X-Ivap now: I have done a quick test only ( with the Néo ).

First, initiate the connection between the 2 pilots. Then both pilots launch their connection to Ivao with the (quite)same callsign (for exemple, BYR007 and BYR008). So they both can hear and speak with the controllers.

The controller see only the master on his scope.  Enjoy.

Vatsim: no joy.

Claude.

PS: we have Win 8.1 and Win 7. Don't know what appen with Win / Mac, Mac / linux, 32 / 64 bits, etc

post-3816-0-74314800-1387821092_thumb.pn

post-3816-0-42288800-1387821116_thumb.pn

Edited by birdy.dma

• 4 months later...

Here is a usable file for the Js32.

Rename it as smartcopilot.cfg of course.

The autopilot is erratic from slave to master.

The large and small right knobs of the GPS are not synchronized.(J32/GPSChapter and J32/GPSPage are not friends with smartcopilot plugin). No problem with the actual GNS430, more annoying with the 10.30 release of X-Plane.

To fly on Ivao, only one pilot have to switch the transponder from standby to charly mode. So this knob is not synchronized here.

Probably some more bugs.

If anybody test it, let me know.

Claude.

smartcopilot.txt

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Here is a new file for the Jetsream + KLN90A

http://xsmart-plane.com/wiki/Downloads

I have only tested a beta of this file (not yet this release). But I can say that Tony did a great job.

Don't forget: you must have same flight plan, and same AIRAC on both side for the KLN.

Weather: only the master set the weather (X-Plane, Ivao, Pilotedge, .....). If the master have a good upload, you can choose a small

slow interval, for exemple: SLOW_INTERVAL = 5.0

Enjoy.

Claude.

• 4 weeks later...