I would buy the 777 IF

mike10

Interesting...not sure what happened. This product was available from Aerosoft and Simmarket for quite a while, but it is now not available.

The really interesting thing is on the aerosoft site they have the old version of the plane on the french version of their site but not the english version.  

It's a shame that the devs of that plane seem to be in bed with the org.   

Let me see if I have this correct...

You really like the 777, enough to threaten buying it, but you insist upon refusing yourself the pleasure of flying it for what is essentially a political reason?

Why not simply move on and enjoy yourself?  Why give them the satisfaction of ruining your day?

Edited by SqrtOfNegOne

The 777 is still a ailable at Aerosoft. The update and Cargo version will soon be available. Updates take a few days longer due to quality control and packaging.

Can you show where you find this available? That would be of great help to this topic. I can't find it anywhere at Aerosoft: http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?show690,6378911030

We're specifically talking about American store in the case of Mike here. 

Ahh, okay, didn't know there was a difference between countries or continents.

I can access it via this link:

http://www.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=12506&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=german

If you still cannot see it, let me know and I will contact a member of staff directly to check.

May be they do not sell in the US due to the .org. Though I highly doubt it.

The really interesting thing is on the aerosoft site they have the old version of the plane on the french version of their site but not the english version.  

It's a shame that the devs of that plane seem to be in bed with the org.   

I think it's fair to say that the developers are free to sell the aircraft however and wherever they choose. Saying that they are "in bed with the org" is like saying that someone selling something on eBay is "in bed with eBay".

Most of you don't know the background story and I really dont want to get into it too much right now but  I can't stand the owner of the .org  he treated me like shit on my last purchase from his site and I will never buy a product from him again.  If that means certain releases I will go without then FINE.  

Sure Devs can choose to sell where they want and consumers can also choose to not purchase the product,.  I stand by my "in bed with the org comment" 

Since the Devs of that plane do not sell the product in the US anywhere other than the org it would seem to me that it is pretty obvious that they have some sort of agreement with the .org.. 

If the dev wants and has another means to sell it to me they can contact me on here to sell it to me directly, if they cant do that or aerosoft can't sell it to me then I will skip it and that is less money that they made on the product.  

So if the Dev or anybody else has a way to purchase it  please let me know,    

Edited by mike10

Hi Mike,

I guess you are the Linux user that got misled with your A320 purchase.

But anyways, could you please try the Aerosoft link in my previous reply. As said, they will provide you with the update soon, if you purchase it now.

If you still cannot buy it from their site for whatever reason, please contact me directly and I will see with Aerosoft.

So far I am very happy with the 777. It is a great addon and on par with the CRJ in my oppinion. So I think it is definetly worth buying it. And if you do not care about liveries, the price is okay IMHO.

Kind regards, Brownsen

The "in bed with the .org" statement implies that the developer has made a deliberately nefarious choice to only sell from that one outlet and assumes they are aware of any overall reputations which might be involved. I don't know productive it is to lambaste a developer (directly or indirectly) for selling through the .org if we aren't 100% sure they are aware of the issues that some folks have had. Personally, I've had no issues over there and while I don't have reason to dispute anyone else's claims, perhaps the developer is simply unaware of any problems - just as I would be if I didn't also visit and read the myriad other X-Plane related forums.

Have you reached out to the developer in question directly to ask/request that they also sell direct or perhaps through another outlet? Don't rely on the forums (here or elsewhere) to get the word out to the developer - you and others should offer your opinions and reasons to them directly if they are that compelling. I don't think the onus should be on the developer to reach out to you to make this sale if you haven't made your opinions known directly to them already. At least by reaching out, you've put the ball in their court.

Throwing peanuts from the gallery...

-Greg

• Upvote 1

Hi Mike,

I guess you are the Linux user that got misled with your A320 purchase.

But anyways, could you please try the Aerosoft link in my previous reply. As said, they will provide you with the update soon, if you purchase it now.

If you still cannot buy it from their site for whatever reason, please contact me directly and I will see with Aerosoft.

So far I am very happy with the 777. It is a great addon and on par with the CRJ in my oppinion. So I think it is definetly worth buying it. And if you do not care about liveries, the price is okay IMHO.

Kind regards, Brownsen

thanks i will check that out

The "in bed with the .org" statement implies that the developer has made a deliberately nefarious choice to only sell from that one outlet and assumes they are aware of any overall reputations which might be involved. I don't know productive it is to lambaste a developer (directly or indirectly) for selling through the .org if we aren't 100% sure they are aware of the issues that some folks have had. Personally, I've had no issues over there and while I don't have reason to dispute anyone else's claims, perhaps the developer is simply unaware of any problems - just as I would be if I didn't also visit and read the myriad other X-Plane related forums.

Have you reached out to the developer in question directly to ask/request that they also sell direct or perhaps through another outlet? Don't rely on the forums (here or elsewhere) to get the word out to the developer - you and others should offer your opinions and reasons to them directly if they are that compelling. I don't think the onus should be on the developer to reach out to you to make this sale if you haven't made your opinions known directly to them already. At least by reaching out, you've put the ball in their court.

Throwing peanuts from the gallery...

-Greg

I have nothing against the devolper.. I looked for a website for them and could not find one. I do not wish to talk to them over at the org. I have a working account there but I am sure it would be insta ban if I go over there asking if I could buy it elsewhere.

as far as in bed with the org.... ok fine lets reword it..

it looks like they have agreed to provide the org with exclusive rights to market the 777

when I am not at work I will try to find a contact for the dev and see if there is a way I can purchase it.

one other thing.. cant stand nicholas is a little strong. I just did not like the way I was treated by him. in fact I may have a issue when carenardo releases updates because I purchased them through the .org and I have very little confidence in nicholas sending me my update link..

we will see hopefully I am wrong on that.

Edited by mike10

FYI, Vmax is the producer of the aircraft. And Vmax is Nicolas Taureau. http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Tallahassee/vmax-flight-llc/28788860.aspx

From my understanding, Nicolas got the licensing from Boeing for the 757, 767 and 777 and delegated work to developers.

Pascal

Thanks for that info,  That explains quite a bit.  So the developer is X-plane.org  LOL so they are in bed with the .org

FYI, Vmax is the producer of the aircraft. And Vmax is Nicolas Taureau. http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Tallahassee/vmax-flight-llc/28788860.aspx

From my understanding, Nicolas got the licensing from Boeing for the 757, 767 and 777 and delegated work to developers.

Pascal

Thanks for that info, That explains quite a bit. So the developer is X-plane.org LOL so they are in bed with the .org

The producer is VMAX aka the org, but the developers are not necessarily org affiliated, just good ties.