Impossible to enter flight plan

davisd1000

When I attempted to use the MFD the screen came on in FPL mode when I hit the MFD  "enter" Button on start up initialisation.   It comes live with  the FPL window open and a Waypoint Information window open on top of that.   I tried following the instructions in the manual, pp137 et al, but nothing happens on pressing the init button on the keypad (which is incidentally there all the time - no button on the MFD - and although some pink lines appear on what is visible of the map screen on pressing the Direct to key, nothing else happens.   All in all it is pretty frozen.

The PFD seems to work OK, although the XPDR code numeric buttons do nothing, ditto VFR button, and the inset key seems unable to toggle the inset map off.   I got a corrupted POH file in the download, i am wondering if other parts of the download were flawed.   Any ideas?

Regards

David

X-Plane 2013-02-17 20-58-11-28.bmp

If I understand what you mean, in properties it is listed as v 10.1.1.3, and it is operating under Windows 7.  Hope that helps

When you open X-Plane, in the lower left of the loading screen it will tell you in white text which version of X-Plane 10 it is. That's primarily what we're looking for.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I seem to have the very same problem, just bought the Corvalis today, and my ReadyPad seems to be just an ornament map in the plane, there is no way to press any button to imput data, Im running on XP 10.20, and yes, the Gizmo plugin is in the folder and apparently running. any thoughts here. Thanks

Hi Jim, and thank you for you response.

I tried in 32 bits first.. no input available in the ReadyPad, changed to 64.. it was a horrible mess in the screens of the G1000 so Im guessing no 64 bit version yet. (which doesn't matter since I barely use 64 due no xsquawkbox , no hurries there).

I have  also noticed that theTOPO screen  in 3d view is way too bright; almost unusable. Is this a common issue?

And last but not least, this my be to much, but I have noticed no animation on the stick, pedals and doors. not a biggie here, since what mater the most is the bird and how it behaves in the air. Just wanted to be sure this is not also an issue with my system which by the way is: a

IMac 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

OSX 10.7.5

hope this can be resolved soon.

@pfbolio

Are you speaking of the ReadyPad in the 2D or 3D cockpit?  

Yes, the 64 bit version if Gizmo is not quite ready and therefore the Corvalis will not run properly in 64bit.  The color/brightness of the screens IS an issue as a result of changes in XP10 vs. XP9.  This will also be corrected with the next update.  The doors, stick, and rudder pedals have never been animated in the Corvalis.. maybe someday :)

Jim

Jim,

I reinstalled the plane.. I can input data now, still having some glitches. for example when I turn the 3D ReadyPad knob to input my first way point the WAYPOINT INFO popup screen appears but doesn't stay, no problem in 2D, going to have an awesome night twitching buttons to see if I can solve this out. Will let you know what else appears.

Thank you for your follow ups.