Operating a Virtual Airline

Peter T.

Hey guys, i was curious how do you operate a virtual airline? is it really complicated?

That is a very broad question. Running a VA can be quite simple, or quite complex - it all depends on how the management team wants to take their 'business'.

If you haven't tried it yet, I'd suggest joining a Virtual Airline (or two) to see how they run. That will give you some insight into how easy or difficult it might be.

-Greg

If you haven't tried it yet, I'd suggest joining a Virtual Airline (or two) to see how they run. That will give you some insight into how easy or difficult it might be.

I concur!  I've flown for VA's for over 5 years and I've owned Air Northwest for the past 3.  The key to running a successful VA is a good team.  You need someone to build and maintain the website, someone to paint and maintain your aircraft, someone to build and maintain your scenery, someone to build, maintain and moderate your forums, someone to promote and advertise your VA........

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pete.  Sorry for the spamming.  But you really can't put a jar of treats labeled "Rants--Super Hot!" on a countertop next to a sign that says, "May only be tasted by people willing to say something--anything!--30 times!"

Why 30?  Why not three?  10?  Why impose any threshold? 

Anyway, Pete, no more spamming your thread, I promise.  (The answer by the way is, yeah, pretty damned complicated.)

....and I totally forgot about someone to develop and maintain routes and schedules......

I agree with Mike Hotel.  There are many VA's to choose from that have a wide variety of features to choose from.  Many of them are looking for management members to help with the workload and would be happy to have you on board.