Saab 340A Preview - February 15th, 2013

Cameron

Hello, All!

It's time we post another progress shot batch, so we hope you enjoy these!

The Saab 340A project is really coming along nicely. The 3D, texturing, and programming of this product is stunning, and again, we can't re-iterate enough how excited we are to get this out to you!

You'll note a few fun things in these screenshots, including the 3D prop at all angles (X-Plane traditionally renders this as flat from the side) thanks to some programming, as well as the various systems at different stages of flight. We've even thrown in a shot to give a glimpse of the ground vehicles, cones, etc. that will ship with this product.

As usual, this is all work in progress and some things are prone to change or improvement as we work towards the end of the production phase.

Want to see past previews? Click here, here, here, here, and here!

Enjoy! :)

NXJ_02_15_2013_1.jpg

NXJ_02_15_2013_2.jpg

NXJ_02_15_2013_3.jpg

NXJ_02_15_2013_4.jpg

NXJ_02_15_2013_5.jpg

NXJ_02_15_2013_6.jpg

NXJ_02_15_2013_7.jpg

NXJ_02_15_2013_8.jpg

• Upvote 8

Rhydian

I've been getting quite a few requests on the AEW variant and we are on the fence about whether or not to do it.

I don't have so much of a problem making the mods to the flight model and modelling the extra bits around the exterior, but the interior would take up too much time.  As a result of this, IF we do one later, it will be soon after we release the original package and it will only be the external changes.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the consideration Goran. Yes I should imagine it may prove difficult to find cockpit reference images for the AEW, especially since its a military variant. The exterior model certainly looks pretty cool though....Pretty funky! I think PMDG have done this sort of thing with their Jetstream, adding a couple of exterior mods, not to make them functional but just as bit of eye candy. Either way, this is going to be a superb addon with or without the AEW.

You've done a sterling job mate.

Cheers

Rhydian.

• Upvote 1