Saitek Being all loose and stuff.

Colin S

Ok that title probably deterred most people from reading this, but if anyone else has the X-52 throttle & stick, I'm just wondering if anyone else is getting pissed at how floppy it is. If I hold the little metal piece that goes into the joystick, then it's strong, but the plastic grip flops by about 3 degrees each way. This makes it impossible to fly light sports aircraft that require precision (or any plane, for that matter). Still not satisfied with this grossly overpriced thing. Any help will be loved (like if there is a screw that I can tighten inside, a piece that needs replacing - anything). I mean, honestly, my malfunctioning Extremed3dPro (which was amazing but malfunctioned) has more accuracy and feels way more firm and unwobbly than the X-52.

Please help.

Note: The biggest flop is in the pitch - at the top of the stick, i can push it forward almost a full 3/4 of an inch and the actual controls entering the box on the bottom won't move yet. There is a mechanical null zone.

You mean the throttle or the joystick? If i got what you mean, on the joystick there is a metal piece in front of it, you need to adjust it to the position you want, then "lock" it by turning it in a clockwise direction.

Also, don't forget to calibrate it inside the sim and increase the nullzones a little.

You mean the throttle or the joystick? If i got what you mean, on the joystick there is a metal piece in front of it, you need to adjust it to the position you want, then "lock" it by turning it in a clockwise direction.

Also, don't forget to calibrate it inside the sim and increase the nullzones a little.

I think you completely missed the point - I repair things as a hobby and I can't figure out how to fix this. The little nob does nothing to do with tension. That's grip height.

Here is a really crappy diagram of whats going on.

tumblr_mhvsu4iIdG1s2oqxno1_1280.jpg

I think you completely missed the point - I repair things as a hobby and I can't figure out how to fix this. The little nob does nothing to do with tension. That's grip height.

Here is a really crappy diagram of whats going on.

tumblr_mhvsu4iIdG1s2oqxno1_1280.jpg

I thought it was something with the little nob.

Now with the diagram i believe i know what you are talking about. Jut to be sure, then you mean that the Joystick handle moves, but when you just move it slightly, then the actual "base thing" (the metal part inside the spring?) doesn't move, right?

If i got it right now then i believe you are talking about a defective product. At least mine came with a handle movement that matches the metal base movement, its not loose. I haven't opened the handle to see it inside, but i guess its the only way to fix it. As im aware, by default the handle and the metal "connector" to the base should be aligned and moving as a match.  ^_^

+1 on Defective unit

I have an X52 Pro - I do not have this problem with mine.

The stick and metal are are lock-step with each other. very tiny amount of wiggle in the nullzone only in my 'z' direction. (which is ok for rudder anyways)

No X/Y nullzone that I can detect.

- Ck.

Edited by chris k

+1 on Defective unit

I have an X52 Pro - I do not have this problem with mine.

The stick and metal are are lock-step with each other. very tiny amount of wiggle in the nullzone only in my 'z' direction. (which is ok for rudder anyways)

No X/Y nullzone that I can detect.

- Ck.

I think I've just used it a lot and the plastic has been worn and stuff. Of course, as usual, my dad is like, "Back in my day we didn't even have joysticks." Go blow it out your...