2013 Iditarod Adventure @ EPOCH Alaska Air

Bamboo Cougar

Wow, that looks great bc. Wish I could participate with my Beaver. Well, the time will come for sure.  :)

Is it possible to fly it at a later date on your own, or would I need to participate in "real time"?

Pete

Hi Pete... yes, your Beaver will be an awesome ride for the Iditarod.

No worries about running the race after the fact though.

The scenery package will be available on our Official Iditarod page and a roll-up of all standard scenarios (not the live callouts during the actual race, just the 'canned' adventures) will be available as a zipped download as well.

One will have to remember that you'll need winter textures (WinterWorld for V9, Simple Seasons for V10) no matter when you fly it, as there will not be a summer derivative nor will any of the checkpoints or strips be available separately.

Thanks for your interest.

Joel

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

The 2013 EPOCH Iditarod Adventure and Challenge Scenery (and Complete Flight Plan Package) are available now at our Bush Flying Website!

All 26 checkpoints and a whole lot more within this complete, no library objects or lego, Custom Scenery package.

X-Plane Version 9.7 and Version 10.xx available in the same download!

Do you like getting Skyvector data on a tablet or handheld? How about getting it fully formatted, along with interesting and often amusing commentary, right in your cockpit.

Welcome to Cockpit Intelligence Files.

There are 97 facilities in Alaska covered... all a part of your Iditarod Download.

Go on over and grab it. And enjoy.

Scenarios will be posted to fly with tomorrow. Real-time callouts from the race will occur in the Forum at uX-Pa, where you get the freeware files from. Why not let us know in the Forum, or Guestbook, or by mail how you get on with the flights, scenarios, missions and the support files. Membership is free, if you'd like to chime in at the Forum.

Enjoy!

bc

Sorry, but I'm a bit confused as to what it is?

It is a freeware scenery package for X-Plane Version 9.7 or 10.

It is a support package to fly the Iditarod Sled Dog race in Alaska like the RW Iditarod Volunteer AirForce.

It will have scenarios and missions derived from real-time callouts from the mushers and their teams. (Tomorrow)

It has a Challenge Contest where you can win either a Carenado C-185 or an STMA SuperCub, both with custom Iditarod and EPOCH Alaska Air VA liveries.

It is a way to have fun whilst flying in your simpit.

How'd I do? B)

• Upvote 2

UPDATE

1. I've collected together the downloads for the EPOCH Iditarod Adventure into one page on the uX-Pa website.

2. This includes the newly released Scenario Pack One, which now takes the freeware scenery package and the FMS/Map toolkit and gives you the missions and adventures in which to use them.

3. If you are competing for one of the prizes at uX-Pa's EPOCH Iditarod Challenge, then you will need this Scenerio Package to effectively complete the required missions.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE CONSOLIDATED PACKAGES.

Cheers,

bc

Edited by Bamboo Cougar