No VOR identification

Recently bought the Jetstream 32 and everything works well except when I tune a VOR frequency nothing happens the Course Indicator needle does not offset so I can lock onto the VOR, it works fine when on ILS. Also the HSI selector will not move whatever I try. Can anyone help please.

Edited by delcamp36

Recently bought the Jetstream 32 and everything works well except when I tune a VOR frequency nothing happens the Course Indicator needle does not offset so I can lock onto the VOR, it works fine when on ILS. Also the HSI selector will not move whatever I try. Can anyone help please.

Which airport (ICAO code)?

Which VOR?

And what frequency are you trying to use?

Bet you didn't use the correct frequency or forgot the HSI SELECT SWITCH?.

post-7830-0-52760400-1359308735_thumb.jp

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

I apologise for this thread, I was flying in the UK from EGSH (Norwich) and the first two frequencies I tried were correct according to 'Route Finder VOR-INS CIVA Aviation Flight' and I did everything correctly but these frequencies were not recognised in X-Plane. As soon as I tried other frequencies everything was OK. So apologies again and thank you very much for your inputs.

I apologise for this thread, I was flying in the UK from EGSH (Norwich) and the first two frequencies I tried were correct according to 'Route Finder VOR-INS CIVA Aviation Flight' and I did everything correctly but these frequencies were not recognised in X-Plane. As soon as I tried other frequencies everything was OK. So apologies again and thank you very much for your inputs.

No Problem!

But that site you were using appears to produce MSFS FS9 Flight Plan's, so it may be using a nav database for that sim and not X-Plane which uses a different database (based on this site).

As long as you use the frequencies you see on X-Plane's Location/Local Map the JS-32's NAV/COM/ADF/DME radios should work ok. :)

cessna729.