New Project Announcement: P??? - Mystery Airport

Colin S

Hey guys... lets just say I'm making the best and biggest airport I've ever tried, and so far I am succeeding massively. I'll leak one picture every few days, go ahead and guess where it is, I'll let you know if you're right. The Orthophotos are almost high enough resolution that I was considering not drawing in Taxilines. The airport's ICAO code begins with P, so unless you literally have NO clue what you're doing in the world of aviation, that means it's in the Hawaii-ish (too many i's) area. This airport has been done a few times before but I'm never impressed.

tumblr_mg8duni5w41s2oqxno1_1280.png

PHKO or PHLI?

Congrats!

Anyone interested in being a beta tester for this project please PM me ON X-PILOT.

You should have the following (at minimum):

8GB RAM

1GB VRAM

2GB Hard Drive Space

Mac OSX 10.6 or Windows 7 Professional

A really freaking good processor. Like i7.

Certainly not PANC. No offense to Alaska, but it's not all that interesting to fly to Anchorage from... well... anywhere... nor is it an exciting airport.

You blew a tire & smoke's coming from the engine! I assume this was from a misplaced object?

You did have PHLI & PHKO in your 'location' thing.

Actually that is the first of 74 Orthophotos to be placed, and to get a picture capturing the quality of them I just fell straight out of the sky on top of it. I rarely misplace a scenery object, I can't start X-Plane 10 quick enough to afford that kind of testing. So far in 21 hours of work on this project I've tested it twice for 5 minutes.

Actually that is the first of 74 Orthophotos to be placed, and to get a picture capturing the quality of them I just fell straight out of the sky on top of it. I rarely misplace a scenery object, I can't start X-Plane 10 quick enough to afford that kind of testing. So far in 21 hours of work on this project I've tested it twice for 5 minutes.

Yeh - I was kidding. Objects don't tend to be 'hard' in any case. 74 orthos? Wow, that's about 74 more than I've ever placed :P They do look great though.

Yeh - I was kidding. Objects don't tend to be 'hard' in any case. 74 orthos? Wow, that's about 74 more than I've ever placed :P They do look great though.

Trust me, I've now spent over 26 hours on the project and I've placed 7 orthos. It's not easy. I'm considering putting in a random intentional "crash your plane" wall on one of the runways that is infrequently used, that would be bloody hilarious.

Yeah - Photoshopping out all the aircraft imagery from the tarmac and taxiways... to give it a nice clean tarmac is a huge task to complete.

(i.e. no images of 737's taxiing around all over the place).

Between the photoshop removal of aircraft, and re-stenciling all the taxiway lines and lights; that takes 90% of the development time.

Kudos to Colin for taking it on!

Yeah - Photoshopping out all the aircraft imagery from the tarmac and taxiways... to give it a nice clean tarmac is a huge task to complete.

(i.e. no images of 737's taxiing around all over the place).

Between the photoshop removal of aircraft, and re-stenciling all the taxiway lines and lights; that takes 90% of the development time.

Kudos to Colin for taking it on!

Well I was so lucky... of the entire airport, there were only two airplanes on actual active areas... one on the runway (and thankfully not on the markings) and one on a little taxiway. And barely any at gates.