FS2Xplane problem

gassa

Hi,

I'm new to X-PLane (using  version 9.44) and tried to convert my first scenery with FS2XPLANE.

The scenery i wanted to convert is Flytampa's Vienna.

I know that you get floating objects when you leave "Runway follows terrain" set to on, so I deactivated it.

All objects on the airport semm to be converted as they shoult, but the ground textures, als well as the taxiway and runway textures seem to dissapear under a white texture layer (Winterworld 2.0 is also installed).

I added some pictures:

My settings in FS2XPLANE:

x47cu0mvkvogp8m3zs6f_thumb.jpg

And the result:

swlyw9yrl6zt6oqspero_thumb.jpg

Does anybody here have an idea, what is going wrong, or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

martin

Hi,

I'm new to X-PLane (using  version 9.44) and tried to convert my first scenery with FS2XPLANE.

The scenery i wanted to convert is Flytampa's Vienna.

I know that you get floating objects when you leave "Runway follows terrain" set to on, so I deactivated it.

All objects on the airport semm to be converted as they shoult, but the ground textures, als well as the taxiway and runway textures seem to dissapear under a white texture layer (Winterworld 2.0 is also installed).

I added some pictures:

My settings in FS2XPLANE:

x47cu0mvkvogp8m3zs6f.jpgg

And the result:

a>

Does anybody here have an idea, what is going wrong, or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

martin

Can't see your picture, but some scenery does not convert properly.  You need to download "Overlay Editor" and remove any objects that should not be there.

Overlay Editor is very easy to use.

Goran

Hi, Martin,

The white texture you see is the default winter world airport texture. This is a defined polygon point that specifies that texture needs to be there REGARDLESS of whether you have the custom scenery there or not.

Here's what's likely to be happening...

FS2XPlane does NOT convert most FS X orthophotos. As such, the suggestion is to convert using an FS9 version of the scenery (if available), or creating your own overlay to fit your needs.

Hi Cameron,

The scenery i try to convert is a FS9 scenery. It was released quite long before FSX was avaiable.

Is it possible that the filesize of the orthophotos is to big? It seems as if only the "big" files (1MB and above) get skipped during conversion.

Regards

Martin

• 5 months later...