The definitive answers to all your CRJ-200 questions...Release Info and More

Cameron

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You say it's not big news, but if I understood what the video seems to be telling us, you just dropped a bombshell on us. Is it true that all of these planes are made by JRollon and will be included in (or available for) X-Plane 10?

The Space Shuttle (and it's beautiful!)

747-400

KC-10

X15

B-52

B-2

Lancair Evolution

Aside from the CRJ-200, Javalin, SeaMax, and T-34 Mentor, that's 6 planes that we didn't know Javier was working on. This news is as big as Austin's post about some of the features of X-Plane 10. Surely I'm misunderstanding something!

Folks, you don't want to miss this video.

I know some get anxious to see more info about the CRJ, and this one isn't big news, but if you want to catch a glimpse of the CRJ in action in a new vid, you can see it several times here:

At last!  X-Plane is really stepping up.  X-Plane always was superior to FSX (I used MSFS since the sublogic days in the early eighties) but FSX always struggled to to have a convincing flying experience like X-Plane and the flight models are, well, poor.  If you can land a 747 on an aircraft carrier it takes all the realism out of it.  However it does have an abundance of great looking aircraft which X-Plane lacks.  No disrespect to some of the current developers.  All that is about to change it seems.  Looks like no one will have a reason not to buy X-Plane 10.  Take as long as it takes I am certain it will be worth it.

• 1 month later...

Catching up with this thread, having just migrated from FSX (because of the cartoon physics, TBH), so forgive me for digging up the past:-

1. Navigraph - excellent, I've been buying the annual updates for a few years now (I'm slowly building a PM-centered 737-800 pit), so having Navigraph working with something else in XP will be nice.

2. XP10 - I'm so looking forward to it I can't wait, but even better...

3. A great CRJ for XP - my second favourite jet (after the B738) means I'm feeling like explode if it doesn't simul-ship with XP10.

Keep up the excellent work Javier...

Hello.

Just want to make my first post on this site.

TAKE YOUR TIME TO FINISH THE PROJECT. I'm migrating from the FS scene and i have seen enough projects there beeing released half-finished, only to piss of the people who has bought them.

That said - I'm REALLY looking forward to flying the bird when it is finished Been watching all the pictures and videos and it looks like a real winner.

Good luck with the project and the very best to all you guys.

K.

Denmark

• 6 months later...

Yes, more or less the time I expected when announced the RC1. Hope this week is released.

Read my post in the general discussion forums... lets try to avoid claims that are not absolutely certain.

Hence his use of the word "hope" prefacing his desire/sentiment for a release this week, but hardly a claim.  Appropriate given the fact that remaining issues surrounding release are in the hands of others.

Yes, more or less the time I expected when announced the RC1. Hope this week is released.

Read my post in the general discussion forums... lets try to avoid claims that are not absolutely certain.

Hence his use of the word "hope" prefacing his desire/sentiment for a release this week, but hardly a claim.  Appropriate given the fact that remaining issues surrounding release are in the hands of others.

Yes, this is a team.. and becasue of that, one make the graphics, other makes the programming and other makes the installer. Now is in the hands of the installer, but it seems that everythign is going well. But until you go through the goal gate, everything can happen.

This is definitely NOT your place to be saying something like that...

Woah there.  I didn't intend my post with any sort of antagonism or arrogance, but merely stating that we've been promised the aircraft to be released "this week" or "soon" several times now.  I was just trying to get the discussion over to the thread I started (and not hijack this one) and move the conversation forward.  Instead of being made promises that cannot be kept, from a customer's point of view, action would be appreciated instead...

Woah there.  I didn't intend my post with any sort of antagonism or arrogance, but merely stating that we've been promised the aircraft to be released "this week" or "soon" several times now.  I was just trying to get the discussion over to the thread I started (and not hijack this one) and move the conversation forward.  Instead of being made promises that cannot be kept, from a customer's point of view, action would be appreciated instead...

You were instructing someone to do something. Not acceptable.

As Javier has stated, when he announced RC-1, he estimated 1 month or so from that day. This is still on that schedule. You are off base at the moment.

Hope and promise are two very different things. Please use the right words.

Sorry, I didn't mean it to come across as an "instruction," but a request to consider what I had written.  I apologize if that ruffled some feathers, and I am still eagerly anticipating the acf's release.  I'm not sure if I deserved the hostility from you, but its your forum, and your prerogative.

As for a question about the aircraft, itself, where did the references for the checklists and procedures come from?  If we use a particular airline's checklists on the aircraft, will they work just te same?

Sorry, I didn't mean it to come across as an "instruction," but a request to consider what I had written.  I apologize if that ruffled some feathers, and I am still eagerly anticipating the acf's release.  I'm not sure if I deserved the hostility from you, but its your forum, and your prerogative.

There's nothing hostile in what I said. Choosing your words better would have helped.

That said, I feel the topic you request to be read chalks up to your own impatience (with all due respect), and there's really not much to be said about it.

As for a question about the aircraft, itself, where did the references for the checklists and procedures come from?  If we use a particular airline's checklists on the aircraft, will they work just te same?

They came from Bombardier. Some airlines have a different SOP with added procedures in comparison. For that, I can't say whether "any" will match. They will all certainly have the same basis from Bombardier, and have added info from there.

Well, I think its fair that we can agree to disagree.  While you look at the post as an impatient customer ranting on a particular product, the reality and motives behind it were much different.  I'm glad to hear there's nothing hostile in what you said, but maybe it was the words you choose that led me to believe so...

I was looking forward to your opinion in that thread, seeing that it was created with honesty and a desire to engage in productive discussion, but seeing your personal opinion, I feel maybe its better that you didn't.

Feel free to remove my original post http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=543.msg19743#msg19743 and any pertaining to it.  They don't belong in this thread and serve no purpose to the discussion

I was looking forward to your opinion in that thread, seeing that it was created with honesty and a desire to engage in productive discussion, but seeing your personal opinion, I feel maybe its better that you didn't.

And so I shall not. Perhaps if you were more privy to the ins and outs of what it takes to do any of this stuff I'd feel more inclined. In all reality, it would be like beating a dead bush. Some things just won't click, and we can definitely agree to disagree.

I'll leave it with an acronym in response to your suggestion of sour tastes in a customer's mouth, and the success of a product: PMDG

Feel free to remove my original post http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=543.msg19743#msg19743 and any pertaining to it.  They don't belong in this thread and serve no purpose to the discussion

No need! People can make and come up with their own conclusions. :)