• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Please explain the Drill!  Is it the one where you release a load of enticing videos and stills and rapidly build up expectations.  Then stonewall and expect all to sit back and wonder what all the vids were for?  Take a look at this link for the upcoming Comet release.  I don't know if this will even be released this year but at least I know why. How?  By being in touch with the difficulties Guy faces in the news link. (http://www.dh-aircraft.co.uk/aircraft/DH-106/x-plane/index.html).  I'm no fool, don't treat me like one, don't give me the drill!

Is it the one where you release a load of enticing videos and stills and rapidly build up expectations.  Then stonewall and expect all to sit back and wonder what all the vids were for?

Thank you for that response. You have literally just given all the more reason to NOT provide you with more screenshots or videos at this time. :)

I'm no fool, don't treat me like one, don't give me the drill!

Funny, in your first sentence you contradict yourself with a request to be explained the drill.

I don't know if this will even be released this year but at least I know why. How?  By being in touch with the difficulties Guy faces in the news link.

Nice project, poor rebuttal on your part, Clem. Let's analyze the situation here. You just now gave an example of a guy giving visual updates of his progress. It's evident he's not done with 3D work. We are, and did the exact same thing with the CRJ when we were in the 3D phase of development.

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=45.0

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=47.0

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=46.0

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=378.0

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=181.0

All the above show examples of such, not only in the first posts of the topics, but throughout them.

There is nothing "new" here on our part. Programming continues, bug fixes remain, hot weather in Russia is a problem, we are all working our tails off to get it done and would love nothing more than TO get it done. All of this has been said time and time again in the repetitive question asking here. There is NOTHING visual to show, which is precisely why videos and pictures are not up at the same pace, and is irrelevant since you have just basically stated yourself you can't handle them anyhow. :D Where, Clem, do you not understand this?

Quote "Thank you for that response. You have literally just given all the more reason to NOT provide you with more screenshots or videos at this time."

You sound like a child throwing a tantrum!  Grow up!  All I was pointing out  was . . , oh forget it.  What's the point.  Good luck with the project.

You sound like a child throwing a tantrum!  Grow up!

Really? That just came from you? The same Clem that said in a previous post:

Still none the wiser though.  Think I'll stop checking myself now.

So, uh, ya...about that. When exactly were you considering on following through with your word?

Speaking of sounding like a child, you've done a great job of exemplifying your skill to not be able to act like a grownup. You can't seem to accept reality or grownup answers. The above quote regarding you no longer checking this forum is about as childish as you can get, only to be further shown by the fact that you continually beg for more updated news, screens, or videos AFTER your statement of no longer having the intention of checking this forum. The best part of it all is you provide a remark that basically states you can't handle all the previews you ask for, nor can you comprehend much of what's going on when it comes to us having explanations, simple or complex as they may be (whether you like those answers or not). That, or you have a lack of memory as to the answers that have been given here....kind of reminds me of the attention span of a child.

What's the point.

You don't have a valid point. Your examples are poor, and your rebuttals are childish. You can stop now, Clem. It's getting old. Either get up and leave (like you said you would), or handle it like a big boy and be patient.

Good luck with the project.

Hey, Thanks!

I understand the visual model is as finished as it is going to get while there is some further coding going on. So why not give us a screenshot of the current work--the code? Then we can all drool over the craftsmanship of those beautifully written lines and say, "Wow, you've outdone yourselves again. Can't wait to get her in the air!"

Okay, so that is not the most serious of suggestions, but perhaps if you really did it, it would get the point across that the project is beyond the point where sreenshots are relevant. Uh, maybe...

You know, I am heavily entertained by this conversation going on and that alone is easing the wait for the CRJ.

But seriously, you are both arguing over pointless things. Just forget about it and enjoy the anticipation. Making more videos won't change the amount of time it will take to finish the project. Do what I finally did: "forget about it" for a while and don't expect news every instant. Easier said than done, but it's just going to put more pressure on Javier and everybody else that is making this plane if we constantly beg for screenshots and what not.

You know, I am heavily entertained by this conversation going on and that alone is easing the wait for the CRJ.

But seriously, you are both arguing over pointless things. Just forget about it and enjoy the anticipation. Making more videos won't change the amount of time it will take to finish the project. Do what I finally did: "forget about it" for a while and don't expect news every instant. Easier said than done, but it's just going to put more pressure on Javier and everybody else that is making this plane if we constantly beg for screenshots and what not.

+1 for you Rush - light at the end of the tunnel  :)

I believe we would have received much more info on progress, on any project - not just the CRJ, if only such information would be treated accordingly by the community - that is not creating instant wild "I want it now" and "when it will be done?" hype. The developers are under enough pression, with overcoming software and technology limitations, as well as slow but constant ticking of time flowing by. There is a very thin line between enthusiasm, encouragement and pushing on the devs, watching on their hands.

Yup, it felt good to talk on this thread again. Someday, we'll be talking about what a beauty she is to fly. Boy, I can't wait for that day to come. In the mean time, we can enjoy the anticipation, while at the same time not bugging the developers anymore. (that can be very difficult)

Who are you and what did you do with rush...  ;D ;D kidding!