X-Plane crashing with the CRJ

Ahmed

Hello

I installed the update 1.5.2 a while ago and just started flying it this week. I load the plane normally and after 20 mins while doing the Cold & Start up procedure it crashes my x-plane, it happened to me twice ONLY with the CRJ.

I'm using X-Plane 9.70 on windows 7 32bit

PS: I read the previous topic which had the same problem but it was for XP10 I guess

Edited by Ahmedakram

This was happening to me recently. I had to delete both XP10 and 9. Then re-enstall ALL plug-ins from scratch. Reset everything. Re-enstall all my payware aircraft. Now everything is running smoothly.

Hi Kyle, sometimes for whatever reason the X-Plane preferences file gets "corrupted" and some people find that Cleaning their "preferences" can have the same effect as re-installing from scratch (without all the hassle) ;)

I think there may be a pinned post somewhere that explains the prefered method for "cleaning your preferences". :)

cessna729.

Hi Kyle, sometimes for whatever reason the X-Plane preferences file gets "corrupted" and some people find that Cleaning their "preferences" can have the same effect as re-installing from scratch (without all the hassle) ;)

I think there may be a pinned post somewhere that explains the prefered method for "cleaning your preferences". :)

cessna729.

I know about that and I have done ALL the common "troubleshooting" steps before my VERY... VERY HARD decision to re-install everything. But i thank you for the offer of info.

You may want to also try going back to 1.4.5 if you have that available.

I'm one of the people who had to go back to 1.4.5 for the same reasons. I'm now seeing FMS issues where I cannot always program a destination airport. Philipp said that was fixed in 1.5.x. 

Has any progress been made on updating 1.5.x to fix these crash issues so we can use the FMS for all airports?

Thanks.

I'm one of the people who had to go back to 1.4.5 for the same reasons. I'm now seeing FMS issues where I cannot always program a destination airport. Philipp said that was fixed in 1.5.x. 

Has any progress been made on updating 1.5.x to fix these crash issues so we can use the FMS for all airports?

Thanks.

In short, 64-bit will be the answer for the 1.5.x series.

• Upvote 1

@Cessna 729 Here ya go..

Hi, Ahmedakram, thanks for posting your Log.txt!

You really need an  B)  expert like  Phillip, Javier or Cameron to go though it for you , but given the number of ERROR messages for scenery, Loading this and Loading that and other non CRJ plug-ins (FJCC_FMC being a big offender).

If it was my machine, I would ether remove all the other non essential add-ons (the CRJ has it's own very good FMC! hint, hint!), and have a clear out of add-on's that I don't use that much.

Or create anonther X-Plane installation (if I have space on my HDD), it need not be a FULL DVD World scenery install, just install the areas where you like flying the CRJ most, then install the CRJ. So that way you can still use all your other "stuff", add-ons, plug-ins ect in your old installation, and fly your CRJ in the new installation.

cesssna729.

Edit: Correction, thanks Phillip! :)

Edited by cessna729

FJCC is not a problem. As long as both FMCs are not being used at the same time, it'll be no conflict.

However the amount of scenery errors is likely to be related to memory consumption, or worse, a memory leak. 

The remedy here is either get rid of the scenery or wait for 64bit where 3GB memory is no longer an issue.

The Scenery errors are very simple to explain:

Failed to find resource 'lib/airport/Ramp_Equipment/Luggage_Truck.obj' at 'Custom Scenery/KFLL/lib/airport/Ramp_Equipment/Luggage_Truck.obj'

Custom Scenery package "KFLL" is attempting to load at art asset form the X-Plane 10 Scenery Library.

log.txt for X-Plane 9.70 X-Plane 970000 compiled on Jun  1 2011 23:57:30

Oops. X-Plane 9.

That'd do it.

Yes, had the same problem a couple of days before with 1.4.5./1.5.2 in XP9.7.

Just dial back settings - I still have textures set to extrems, AA to 4x, airport details insane. Objects and distance are down one/two notches. Works now.

Oh, I fly the 1.4.5 at the moment.

PS: Thanks for the helping message, Philipp!