Any news?

miRko74

Guys,

It's wrong to down talk Anton. He's a great programmer and is trying very hard. Lots of us, including me, have tried to convince them to release a light version now and finish the programming later, but they don't like that idea. I'm beginning to agree with them more when I look at those screen shots of custom instruments though. The product will be amazing when it's done, so let's just respect their decision and look forward to things like the Saab 340 by Goran which should come out pretty soon. I spent so much time checking for news on the CRJ's release date, but I realized that doing that just makes time pass slower. It's better for us not to stir things up any more than we already have.

well I understand how desperate you are to see this plane released. I also had that feeling and it is hard to wait to the end of programming of it.

The plane could be ended very soon if Anton were well paid by me so he could stay full time working on the project but the reality is that I cannot pay noone because the sellings from my other planes and the money I have from Laminar is not enough to do that.

I tried to find someone that could pay us doing our projects but couldn't, so.... this is the only way to do this job.

The only way of paying is have a percent of sellings of the finished product... and of course have fun doing the project, and believe me that is fun to make systems but not all of them for a programmer.

Anton is doing a great job on the systems of the CRJ. You cannot imagine how precise is he on the work done, but until the day he could live with just programming for x-plane, he has other things to do first, so he just work hard on the CRJ on his free time. The same I did when I started with the Javelin.

Because I see how time is running and the plane workflow was going slowly, I decided to call Austin Help in case Anton could not finish the programming, but also Ben Russell wanted to help. Now he has a copy of the CRJ and I hope he can help us on the project.

So, I never promised a date to be released. Yes.. once I said "I think this plane should be ready before 2010" and I ate my words. So, I think is better say "when the plane is over it will be released" So is better for me all of you think that the CRJ is dead. That way if one day we finish it (I think we will do) then it will be a surprise for all of you.

Thanks!

Javier

MatthewS, I'm going to tell you in a lot less kindly fashion, what Cameron just did: shut up, and find some other quality in your life than whining about people who owe you N O T H I N G!

Ok that's good news then that it's still coming out.  Can you please give a release date?   Saying "it's ready when it's ready" does not indicate any real commitment to finish the product.  

Frankly, I very much doubt this product will be released in 2011.  History has shown that seriously delayed products usually don't materialize though I really hope I'm wrong about the CRJ!

And no I'm not paid to come here and complain. I have no affiliation with any FSX or XP developer.

edit: If you ready what Japo says about Anton sounds to me like Anton is finding the systems programming far too complicated to finish anytime soon.  It's the 80/20 rule. Sure fast progress is made in the initial stages (hence what we saw in the preview movies) but finishing that last 20% is going to take 80% of the time.  If I think about PMDG and the 747/MD11 or LDS 767 those companies had multiple developers working 2 to 3 years on the systems.  Really it's not reasonable to expect Anton to be able to finish the CRJ systems to the same level of completion.

Don't get me wrong, Anton is obviously a talented developer. I just think the effort to do the CRJ systems is probably far more than anyone realized.

nobody has to shut up here in this forum. What I want here on "my" forums is a "everybody can say what they have to say" if those words are not insulting to any other member.

Matthews just put his opinion and I respect it. Right now he hasn't got the truth because I know how the project is, but maybe he would be right if we don't take care of the CRJ.

I am taking so much care of it, but that is not enough when managing a team. Hope the prediction of Matthews about not releasing on 2011 won't come true. I think not, but everything can happen, and with this project I have learned several lessons.

nobody has to shut up here in this forum. What I want here on "my" forums is a "everybody can say what they have to say" if those words are not insulting to any other member.

Matthews just put his opinion and I respect it. Right now he hasn't got the truth because I know how the project is, but maybe he would be right if we don't take care of the CRJ.

I am taking so much care of it, but that is not enough when managing a team. Hope the prediction of Matthews about not releasing on 2011 won't come true. I think not, but everything can happen, and with this project I have learned several lessons.

Thanks for respecting and understanding our opinion. I understand and respect yours as well.

Thanks for these Words, that´s fair and honest. Your last postings were very helpful for understanding the problems behind the development, so all the best for your Project. Let´s give it a chance in 2011!

PS: maybe sometimes people find critical words cause they are interested in the things, just trying to be helpful. that´s not only complaining. i think japo is able to see the difference;)

No matter what happens Javier you should know that we support you and all of us here want to see this project done and into our Planes directory but we must understand that this is no easy job and things can get complicated very easy. Don't rush it Javier, take your time to release the best ever add-on for X-Plane. I wish you the Best of luck, Alex.

Javier, I second everyone else's messages, and thanks for being so open with the CRJ. challenges.

As a loyal fan and promoter of your work, I'm confident the votes and your maths aren't a reflection of final sales. Eg the poll doesn't count .org customers who will be swayed.

Do another beautiful scenery with custom hangars for each of your birds, charge $7.95 and watch us all buy!

The CRJ is going to be a great product; all people need is patience and tolerance with the progress of this project.

Javier and Anton are great people that are working hard to get this product out as soon a possible; it will be released when it is ready. It could take weeks, months, or even years to get this product out. Just let Javier and Anton take their time with this project, there is no rush to finish it. They have there own lives too, they are not 100% on the project every day. There are a lot of other great projects released at this time to get you busy in the X-Plane world. The CRJ will be avail soon, just wait and see what happens. I respect the effort and time the CRJ team has taken to get this project under way.

Thanks,

Maxime

Javier, I second everyone else's messages, and thanks for being so open with the CRJ. challenges.

As a loyal fan and promoter of your work, I'm confident the votes and your maths aren't a reflection of final sales. Eg the poll doesn't count .org customers who will be swayed.

Do another beautiful scenery with custom hangars for each of your birds, charge $7.95 and watch us all buy!

I'm absolutely agree with you. Javier can take from this scenery additional money and maybe spend them to finance development process of CRJ if they can't solve a lot of little problems so soon.

Javier could you please make little update for us, what kind of system you already done and provide internal roadmap what are you planning to implement before release is happen. I suppose a lot of people would like to know with what exactly you are trying to fight in development process...

PS: As I know you have additional suspended project. I'm talking about Airbus, maybe it's going be better if you can continue work with external model of this craft, because if developers successful solve this problem in near future you can immediately continue working with your new project.

PPS: Impossible is possible.

Ok this is the position Anton should be doing right now. It could take no more than 1 month completing all of this but also could take a whole year, depending on regularity of work and the main weak point of the CRJ project is the regularity workflow.

Anton should be working on completing the FMS. Of the Things Done I still haven't seen any plugin but I will be able to see it soon, because he is working on Mac and this christmass I received a iMac present... so no more windows version compiling waits.

FMS workflow:

Very Important things to complete:

7. PROG page and do it also on MFD display (6 hours)

8. Directs (dir intc) (also if the point is not set on route, show disconnet and program how to solve it) (6 hours)

9. LEGS (Define your fix waypoint to reach. delete... etc..) (8 hours)

10.HOLDs page (holdings and hipodrome) Show on MFD (8 hours)

11.VNAV (descent) (4 hours)

less important stuff do to:

12.MCDU MENU (player choise)

IRS set minutes simulation (instant, 2min, 10min)

GPU (still not to do but leave the option there)

Performance choose frame per second displays (Still not do but leave the option there)

leave spaces for maybe more adds.

13. Index

Irs ctl

link arrival data to arrival page

14. FLT LOG

15. MSG

16. Flight plan (scale good on 2D)

17. Arrows (navigate on legs page)

18. Previous and Next page (correct all bugs of navigation)

19. Leg. Fix scale on 2D

20. View all in 2D and 3D (if you select 2D ok to dissappears 3D)

21. Close 2D window clicking right-up corner.

Work done (there is much more done but this is the new stage since 15 December):

EXEC (fix on 2D) [2 Min]

PERF INIT. Finish ALT programming [5 hours]

VNAV (CLIMB) [4h 40m]

Thrust Limit [3h]

Fuel Management [4h 15m]

DEP/ARR (Selection of transition altitude [7h]

VNAV (cruise) [1h]

So as you can see lots of points to do, not so much time consuming but as always if there is not a regular workflow then the making of all of these can be ethernal.

After finishing the FMS still these thigns need to be done:

Doors screen

Flight Controls Screens

DC Electricity screen

test of engines

Test light button

anti ice system (not takes so much time)

extinguish fire engine system (not takes so much time)

pressurization system (not takes so much time)

sound system.

Enough once more to stay 1 year and more if not regular workflow.. but with regular work, only could take 1-2 months all, maybe less... depending on working effort.

Lets hope all comes smoothly now.

• 8 years later...
On 1/12/2011 at 4:44 PM, Lukasz said:

You know, sometimes I really have this feeling, that some folks are actually paid for coming here, stirring things up and nagging the developers for "too long" time, that it takes to make a high quality plane. Just to make fun of unnerving the good guys, to start another pointless debate, to enjoy others jumping to their eyes. Come on, this topic was beaten to death. Anyone smart enough should get the picture already. By the way, I dream of high quality Super Tucano with full custom avionics, could any of the "impatient CRJ awaiters" make one for me? I would be great if you could do it in, like two months, because I'm impatient also :) It shouldn't be that hard, right?   ::)

I just bought the Super Tucano but the FMC is off when all systems are on, how can I fix this issue?

Sincerely,
Mario

Screenshot (4).png

• 1 month later...