Any news?

miRko74

Am I right to believe, that all the knobs and switches shown, especially on the overhead panel, are functionable?

Practically all of what you see is functional, yes.

Also what was view angle set to, during making of these screenshots?

Javier utilizes the pilot view plug-in and Track IR for his flying, so I'm not sure a specific FOV would necessarily apply to the answer you're looking for aside from his standard setting (67).

@Japo32

is it possible to go more in deep with screenshot regarding FMS? I know the pages is not complete and fixed at all but just only to see how is it complex and detailed.

Thanks a lot

No, not at this time, Riccardo.

When we are ready to show what you are seeking, it will be in the form of a video.

• 3 weeks later...

is this project dead

No.. no.. Things are going slow. Right now we are close to beta stage... but "close" is a word I don't want to define. As Anton said.. there are lots of small things to do that takes time. The good news is the main core is already done, but still those "little" things do to.

no words doesn't mean no working on it.

Maybe what I did wrong in this project of the CRJ was release videos too soon of it. But one of the most important reasons I did that it was because I needed help on programming and help from real pilots. I had that but also the big expectation of everyone. So all are waiting.

But as a old developer of games I must say that this is the normal time it takes to create something interesting. Yes.. maybe I can be fast on graphics but what it takes most is the "logic" of the product. Because without it CRJ would be a furniture with wings.

So Sorry if someone feels that is wasting his life waiting for this plane. Believe me I am the first (and Anton the First also) that want to end the plane if not today, yesterday. But I am not fool, and don't want to release something not ended.

Of course I don't want to never-release the perfect plane. Because I would never end it.

So the sentence of when it will be released? when it is finished... and still is not. It is close.. but not finished.

All will know when. Sure!  :D

ha. I'm a veteran gamer, bought and still have most of the first 'Edge' gaming magazines, I'm used to waiting huge amounts of time for good quality products. yes the wait and constant delays  can be frustrating (Gran Turismo anyone?, the wait for Metal Gear Solid or ANY Final Fantasy..) but the final result oh so sweet. With this one the quality is even more important, as (let's not beat around the bush here) it should drag quite a few new xplane adopters over, so the last thing we want is them whingeing about buggy or clunky products.

don't you dare say you shouldn't have released those videos so early! we love your vids and music

You are right Japo,

do not release something without finishing the logic and the behaviour of a plane. In the moment you find several jet payware with 3D pit and quite nice fuselage - but the logic and the performance is far away from the real thing - I got real angry answers if I startet this topic on the specific sites - from my pov this is no simulation this is gaming or as you said "furniture with wings"

So please take your time to bring your plane to a new dimension of xplane payware.

Cheers Tom

Hello Japo,

I've been watching your films on YouTube and they are great.  I subscribed so I can know when you put up a new one.

This CRJ-200 is the X-Plane sim that I have really been waiting for more than anything.

You are doing a fantastic job with it from what I can see.

A big part of my fascination is the great amount of artistic talent and technical skill that the developer of a sim like this must have.  I have never seen this level of detail in a desktop sim.  I certainly hope Laminar Research appreciates what you are about to do for X-Plane  ;D  They need to at least send you on a 7day paid trip to the Bahamas or something.  :D

Thanks ahead for all of your work.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope it comes out soon before school really gets going, but like you said, after coming this far, you can't just slop the last mile.... or two......... or three..............together. We are all patiently waiting and are very excited to see your work pay off. Keep up the work Jav, Anton, and anybody else who is making this project possible!!!