JARdesigns a320

Ryan M.

What does HDR mean?

HDR (High Dynamic Range) rendering is a user-settable rendering mode within x-plane that provides advanced shader features and effects like blurred engine exhaust, night lighting and atmospheric effects.   It is also called "deferred rendering" which is terminology more meaningful to the programmers than the end users.  So for simplicity, when we say, "HDR", we mean we have the fancy rendering effects turned on in the renderings settings of x-plane.  Using HDR requires a "DX-11 compliant" video card so not all computers can use the HDR mode.   Basically if you have a modern video card, it will support HDR, but how much you can squeeze out of it performance wise is dependent on the card and a matter of trial and error playing with x-plane options.  HDR usually eats up some FPS when it is turned on....at least during the day.  Night lighting performance is usually better.

Tom K

Laminar/IXEG

trust me erik, it's a good download

I'm sure the download is great to you Michael, but a lot of people aren't you, particularly Mac users.  A lot of products have a history of being rushed out the door come Christmas time in order to snag those Christmas sales.  X-Plane is guilty of it last year and incomplete or hastily done products are not uncommon at the org there this time of year.    As long as such shortcomings are disclosed, then of course that's fine and buyers can make informed decisions but personally, I think it makes x-plane add-on development look amateurish in the eyes of folks eyeballing x-plane as a purchase.  Just exercise buyer beware and read the print so you know what your are or are not getting.

TomK

Laminar / IXEG

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 2

Manual:

There does not seem to be a specific one included that for example explains how to update the nav data.

Instead they have stolen official Airbus documentation and posted it on the following site:

Http://www.airbus320neo.com

Wasn't able to load the plane yet due to christmas celebrations. So cannot tell you how well it is implemented.

But the missing manual and the stolen FCOM leaves a bitter taste already.

A lot of products have a history of being rushed out the door come Christmas time in order to snag those Christmas sales.  X-Plane is guilty of it last year and incomplete or hastily done products are not uncommon at the org there this time of year.    As long as such shortcomings are disclosed, then of course that's fine and buyers can make informed decisions but personally, I think it makes x-plane add-on development look amateurish in the eyes of folks eyeballing x-plane as a purchase.  Just exercise buyer beware and read the print so you know what your are or are not getting.

Couldn't agree more!

Got it.

Of course, this doesn't excuse the fact that a comprehensible manual would indeed - and should - be part of any payware package, but I think the language aspect plays a big part here.

But I've watched their tutorials and they seem to be easy enough to follow, which is good!

HDR (High Dynamic Range) rendering is a user-settable rendering mode within x-plane that provides advanced shader features and effects like blurred engine exhaust, night lighting and atmospheric effects.   It is also called "deferred rendering" which is terminology more meaningful to the programmers than the end users.  So for simplicity, when we say, "HDR", we mean we have the fancy rendering effects turned on in the renderings settings of x-plane.  Using HDR requires a "DX-11 compliant" video card so not all computers can use the HDR mode.   Basically if you have a modern video card, it will support HDR, but how much you can squeeze out of it performance wise is dependent on the card and a matter of trial and error playing with x-plane options.  HDR usually eats up some FPS when it is turned on....at least during the day.  Night lighting performance is usually better.

Tom K

Laminar/IXEG

Tom Just wondering you say that HDR requires an DX11 capable card I was under the impression that Xplane only used OpenGL whats up