carthorse

No illumination in radio stack

Can someone help me understand why i can't see the radio stack and gps?
I can see the numbers but they are blacked out and very very hard to read.

XP 10.11
Win 7 64bit

LES_Duchess_1.jpg

Edited by carthorse

My best guess would be that you had a session with a previous aircraft where the instrument lighting was turned all the way down, which also controlled these items. X-Plane will "save" this and roll it over to the next aircraft. 

You can open up an aircraft that has rheostats for this stuff and turn them back up, then load the Duchess to see if that solves it.

Thanks for the quick reply Cameron,

I used the default 172 to turn up the lighting, then switched back.  No Change.  I also mapped keys to "instrument lights up/down" and "panel lights up/down" and no change.
I've tried both with HDR lighting turned on and off.

What ended up solving the problem was uninstalling the aircraft and reinstalling.

Prior to the reinstall, i did not have any serious errors in the log.txt file.

Cheers!

Thanks for the quick reply Cameron,

I used the default 172 to turn up the lighting, then switched back.  No Change.  I also mapped keys to "instrument lights up/down" and "panel lights up/down" and no change.

I've tried both with HDR lighting turned on and off.

What ended up solving the problem was uninstalling the aircraft and reinstalling.

Prior to the reinstall, i did not have any serious errors in the log.txt file.

Cheers!

Can't say I know the cause since this aircraft doesn't use plugins, but glad that fixed it.

I had the same problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling did the trick. Too bad I wasted one of my downloads (doubt I'll need the rest, though, so not worried). Thanks for the fix!

The only complaint I have now is that the Flood Lights are pointed at the seats, not the panel, and are relatively useless. I suppose in real life they'd be used to read charts and stuff on a kneeboard but that doesn't really applying a sim. The result is that at night you can barely see the panel. Even the instrument lighting is barely bright enough to actually see much. Makes instrument flight pretty challenging.

That said, it's a great plane with a very realistic flight model. (It's the one I got my CAMEL/Instrument rating in.) Right there with Caranedo and Alabeo in accuracy and attention to detail, maybe even a little better in some ways. It will be a great tool for instrument proficiency (practical, not legal).

This add on was made several years ago, without HDR lighting.  I do have plans to upgrade it to today's quality, with HDR lighting, improved mesh and improved textures.  Won't be until after the C23, and probably the Citation.

• Upvote 1